With ipad or Mac system browse SAFARI access to sharepoint 2010 RRS feed

• Question

• hi all,

I create a login function for apple SAFARI browse to access to sharepoint 2010, but there is a problem on access speed. Compared to the IE, response speed and lag was so slow. I think the problem could not happened on DNS. Is anyone has some idea to fix this problem.  

Thanks,

Monday, May 6, 2013 2:56 AM

Answers

• iPads aren't desktops. The javascript rendering engine on them is pretty good but it's still working with a smartphone chip. Have a look at this comparison between a netbook and an iPad: http://reviews.cnet.com/8301-31747_7-20002130-243.html

Are you getting performance issues on an OSX desktop? What Gen iPad are we looking at?

• Marked as answer by Merlin W Friday, May 10, 2013 1:25 AM
    Tuesday, May 7, 2013 8:02 AM

All replies

• Hi Merlin,

Could you try using firefox/google chrome on the mac?
    Is this Mac joined to the domain?
    How many DNS's are configured on the machines network?
    What is the response times when you open terminal and ping the SharePoint box/Site DNS host name?

This lag you speak of, are you speaking of slow connection times or are you speaking about the scripting causing lag?

Also is this mac a virtual machine?

One additional test, could you download virtualbox to the mac and install windows 7 in a VM, then setup the system like you did the mac host and attempt to load the site from the guest OS which is windows 7.

Regards
    Pieter
    Monday, May 6, 2013 11:37 AM
  • Hi Pieter,

I had used google chrome to access to the sharepoint and it was going well.

we only have 1 DNS server and 2 DNS address, I set DNS on ipad but it didn't work, I also tried to use local exchange carrier's DNS......

by the way, this is not a VM system. Just MAC system on applecomputer. And in IPad I don't know how to use the ping command.

Do you have any more ideas.

Thanks,

Merlin W.

Tuesday, May 7, 2013 2:31 AM
  • iPads aren't desktops. The javascript rendering engine on them is pretty good but it's still working with a smartphone chip. Have a look at this comparison between a netbook and an iPad: http://reviews.cnet.com/8301-31747_7-20002130-243.html

Are you getting performance issues on an OSX desktop? What Gen iPad are we looking at?

• Marked as answer by Merlin W Friday, May 10, 2013 1:25 AM
    Tuesday, May 7, 2013 8:02 AM
  • So With chrome from the MAC it is working fine?

So it seems it is a safari issue, could you try chrome from the iPad as well?

Regards
    Pieter
    Tuesday, May 7, 2013 8:07 AM