Windows 7 Ultimate + Speech Recognition Engine RRS feed

• Question

• I am trying to train my speech recgonition, but finding that the letter "h" is being interpreted as "b."  Also, "d" is interpreted as "b."  These three letters are all pronounced with a "ee," as in bee, and dee, while "h" is somehow being interpreted as a "b" as well.  I currently have Version 6.1 Build 7600.  I have a good logitech microphone specificaly made for voice recognition.  I am using Realtek High Definition chip on my computer montherboard.  Can the problem have anything to do with the Realtek sound chip?  Or is this a problem with the voice recognition software itself?

I thought there once was a HOME page for speech recgonition on the Microsoft site, but apparent it has been removed or made unavailable.  Does anyone know the home page for the speach recognition group itself at Microsoft?  I would like to try a new version of the speech recgonition, even if it is a beta version. 

Right now I am not buying Dragon, so please, its not a consideration as an alterantive.

I am using Windows 7 Ultimate 64 Bit edition.

Monday, August 30, 2010 11:26 PM

Answers

• Hi jimc52,

Well, a high quality microphone is definitely needed.

Have you tried right-clicking the speaker icon in the notification area, select recording devices and tuning your microphone input?

Next, many "training" sessions for the input usually ensure higher recognition accuracy. When you feel that you have trained long enough, train more and when that seems like too long, train a little more. Ambient noise should be at a minimum.

Click Start, select Help and Support (with online support), type "Speech recognition" in the search box. There are around 18 topics initially with setup the mic and train your computer to recognize as two topics.

I hope that helps. Good luck!

• Marked as answer by Leo Huang Tuesday, September 7, 2010 1:08 AM
    Tuesday, August 31, 2010 10:11 AM