Microsoft visual c++ runtime library error for internet connection RRS feed

• Question

• Hi there,

this actually isn't a problem that's occuring to me but for my friend. He's having trouble connecting to the internet. He has a usb internet stick and everytime he tries to install it this message pops up:

"Microsoft visual c++ runtime library error

Runtime error! Program: C...

This application has requested the runtime to terminate it in an unusual way. Please contact the application's support team for more information."

Then, when he clicks ok, another window pops up and says:

"setup.exe

setup.exe has stopped working. A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution becomes available."

This has been going on for two days and he hasn't been able to connect to the internet using his usb internet stick. I should mention that his operating system for his laptop is a windows 7 and for his browser he uses chrome. He's also in a rural setting in a east european country if that helps at all. Any advice would be completely appreaciated.

Monday, March 4, 2013 5:02 AM

Answers

• What had the computer installed before the issue occurred?

Please Click  --> type msconfig in the search box --> On General tab, choose “Selective Startup” --> and uncheck LOAD STARTUP ITEMS

Then start computer to check the result. If the issue persists, try system restore please.

Niki Han
    TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by Niki Han Monday, March 18, 2013 7:19 AM
    Tuesday, March 5, 2013 3:01 AM