recovery deleted photo (without SD card) RRS feed

• Question

• hello everybody! my father had deleted the photo on his phone... I am triyng to recover them, but i cannot connect the phone as phisycal drive.. it appears as network drive.. how can i do? i have windows 7 ultimate..thanks to all.
    Friday, August 1, 2014 9:34 AM

Answers

• When you connect the phone to your computer it should be seen as a physical drive. You should see two drives. One is the SD card and the other is the internal memory of the phone.
    For this to work, make sure you have Z10 the drivers installed. By installing the Link sofware the drivers are automatically installed when the Z10 is connected.
    As for SD cards, when data is erased, it is not like with DOS and some operating systems where only the header ID flag in the directory table is changed, and the data is intact until some other data writes over it. The deleted flag tells the OS that the space is available and the space can be overwritten with new data.
    In Windows when a file is normally deleted it is flagged to be part of the Waste Bin folder which is designed as a system folder. The file is not really deleted while in the Waste Bin Folder. It is in a sense re-alocated. When you tell the waste bin utility to delete the file, then it overwrites it entirely with the equivalent of 0's. This makes the file securely deleted. 
    With SD cards the system is different. There is no waste area for the files. There is no easy access to re-set the delete flag. If you did more writing to the card, the flagged data can be easily over written. There are some utility programs out there that claim to be able to undelete files on the SD card. You will need a Windows computer and a card reader to do this. I found some software that are supposed to be able to do this. I never used them, or know if they will charge a fee to use it once it claims it can undelete the file.
    Recovery Toolbox for Flash is solution for you
    http://www.recoverytoolbox.com/flash.html
    • Marked as answer by MaryHanb Sunday, August 3, 2014 8:31 AM
    Saturday, August 2, 2014 5:57 PM

All replies

• Hi,

if you cannot connect the device as a storage device, you will not have appropriate access to do recovery operations. You will need to find a way to connect the memory itself to the computer.

It might be possible to do recovery of the contents of the built in flash, but this kind of recovery is out of scope for these forums.You will probably find more info on phone repair forums.

MCP/MCSA/MCTS/MCITP

• Edited by SenneVL Friday, August 1, 2014 12:43 PM
    Friday, August 1, 2014 12:43 PM

• hello everybody! my father had deleted the photo on his phone... I am triyng to recover them, but i cannot connect the phone as phisycal drive.. it appears as network drive.. how can i do? i have windows 7 ultimate..thanks to all.

sadly you will have to inquire with the phone vendor to possibly recover deleted images

Corsair Carbide 300R with window
    Corsair TX850V2 70A@12V
    Asus M5A99FX PRO R2.0 CFX/SLI
    AMD Phenom II 965 C3 Black Edition @ 4.0 GHz
    G.SKILL RipjawsX DDR3-2133 8 GB
    EVGA GTX 6600 Ti FTW Signature 2(Gk104 Kepler)
    Asus PA238QR IPS LED HDMI DP 1080p
    ST2000DM001 & Windows 8.1 Enterprise x64
    Microsoft Wireless Desktop 2000
    Wacom Bamboo CHT470M
    Place your rig specifics into your signature like I have, makes it 100x easier to understand!

Hardcore Games Legendary is the Only Way to Play!

Friday, August 1, 2014 1:09 PM
  • When you connect the phone to your computer it should be seen as a physical drive. You should see two drives. One is the SD card and the other is the internal memory of the phone.
    For this to work, make sure you have Z10 the drivers installed. By installing the Link sofware the drivers are automatically installed when the Z10 is connected.
    As for SD cards, when data is erased, it is not like with DOS and some operating systems where only the header ID flag in the directory table is changed, and the data is intact until some other data writes over it. The deleted flag tells the OS that the space is available and the space can be overwritten with new data.
    In Windows when a file is normally deleted it is flagged to be part of the Waste Bin folder which is designed as a system folder. The file is not really deleted while in the Waste Bin Folder. It is in a sense re-alocated. When you tell the waste bin utility to delete the file, then it overwrites it entirely with the equivalent of 0's. This makes the file securely deleted. 
    With SD cards the system is different. There is no waste area for the files. There is no easy access to re-set the delete flag. If you did more writing to the card, the flagged data can be easily over written. There are some utility programs out there that claim to be able to undelete files on the SD card. You will need a Windows computer and a card reader to do this. I found some software that are supposed to be able to do this. I never used them, or know if they will charge a fee to use it once it claims it can undelete the file.
    Recovery Toolbox for Flash is solution for you
    http://www.recoverytoolbox.com/flash.html
    • Marked as answer by MaryHanb Sunday, August 3, 2014 8:31 AM
    Saturday, August 2, 2014 5:57 PM
  • Hey, want to recover deleted photos from phone SD card back? OK! If this SD card could not be recognized as a physical drive within that phone, simply take this SD card out and try it on your PC with a card Reader.

This SD card could be really normally there? Can you access you files inside? As with your deleted photos inside, you can take chances with memory card photo recovery software.

Simply remember not to move anything new to this SD card and only run selected photo recovery software to check how many of your deleted photos could be restored back.

Check these articles to know more photo recovery clues:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Data_recovery

Or http://www.icare-recovery.com/howto/memory-card-photo-recovery.html

Back up everything well all the time. 

Thursday, May 7, 2015 2:55 AM
  • I have a card reader box on the front of my desktop, I use it to import images, given the cameras long ago had been saturated with maximal memory, even a 14 megapixel camera can place over 4,000 images on a 32GB card.

now the card I have has been in a lot of cameras, so it has lots of folders that have accumulated. I simply copy the DCIM folder in its entirety

Programs like Live Photo have mangled images galore but renaming them etc. and changing the folder layout. Now with my tablet as the image source, the are all stored on Camera Roll.

so much for towing the line for digital camera standards.

I also have a BD drive, this way I can backup images, so that if the camera is lost etc.

so get a 32gb card for older camera and a bigger one for more modern units, this way you can keep a copy of all images on the camera

MSFT Signature

Place your rig specifics into your signature like I have, makes it 100x easier!

Hardcore Games Legendary is the Only Way to Play!
    Vegan Advocate How can you be an environmentalist and still eat meat?

Thursday, May 7, 2015 11:29 AM
  • It is possible to recover all your photos/images from a phone memory.

1. Firstly connect(Connect as USB) your phone to your system(windows) and run SysInfoTools Photo Recovery Software on the systems.
    2. Now select the photo option to recover photos (You can select audio and video option in case you want to recover your audio or video files), now select the volume and type of scanning mode in the Photo Recovery Software.
    3. After the scanning process is completed you’ll find all your photos are recovery. Now click on the photo that you want to save.

Being a utility for Windows System supports all popular images formats.

Read more about how to avoid and take precaution  https://gallery.technet.microsoft.com/Recover-Deleted-Photos-ff86b991?redir=0

Friday, May 19, 2017 12:56 PM