Users don't see latest version, admin can (Collaboration Portal) RRS feed

• Question

• All,

I have a MAIN excel worksheet that connects to a SSAS cube.  In this excel worksheet, I have various charts and then I have hyperlinks to documents that are stored out on Sharepoint site. 

This main excel worksheet is then stored in an excel webpart.  When I click on the hyperlinks, the document opens and it is the latest version, however, when my users click on the hyperlink, they see an old version of the file...WHY?

It is a collaboration portal, there is nothing checkedout, nothing pending approval, nothing in draft.  I went into the documents library under content and management and checked all my documents and clicked on PUBLISH and still the user sees the old version...WHY IS THAT?

Going on further with this, I have published everything, I even deleted out the file and created a left hand navigation link to the file adn I get file not found but my users still are getting the file to come up even when its NOT out there???  I rebooted the server...  users have cleared out their cache..what the heck?  where is it getting that file from?

MS

• Moved by Mike Walsh FIN Tuesday, September 20, 2011 5:22 PM SSAS is BI (if pre-SP 2010) (From:SharePoint - General Question and Answers and Discussion (pre-SharePoint 2010))
    • Edited by jsnmk Wednesday, September 21, 2011 4:54 PM
    Tuesday, September 20, 2011 4:32 PM

All replies

• Hello,

Please post a screenshot of the left hand navigation link that brings up the old version of the file.

Best Regards,
    Chad

Chad Mathiason
    Thursday, September 29, 2011 5:58 PM
  • I guess report are in draft state and no published causing such issues
    Sandeep Nahta AppliedIS Hyderabad http://snahta.blogspot.com
    • Proposed as answer by Sandeep Nahta Sunday, October 30, 2011 5:15 PM
    Friday, October 14, 2011 2:31 AM