Sharepoint Submenus RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Guys!

I'm having problem in my sharepoint menu.. it seems that when i hover in my menu, the submenu is not appearing..

i want to create a submenu here but i always end up unsuccesful..

Do you have any idea on how to put submenu in my menu. I want to make it like this:

i'm done with the navigation settings and checked the "show subsites" but still, that doesn't work..

Please help me regarding this issue.. I'm a beginnner in sharepoint and i want to explore more.

Thanks in advance! 

Glenn

• Edited by sg_07 Friday, January 13, 2012 3:45 AM
    • Edited by Mike Walsh FIN Friday, January 13, 2012 4:24 AM Please HELP: Has no place in a Title and neither do trailing ...
    Friday, January 13, 2012 3:43 AM

Answers

• Hi,

Have you tried them adding as link under respective folders in navigation tree?

If not then go for it and do let us know.

Thanks, Rahul Rashu
    • Marked as answer by sg_07 Friday, January 20, 2012 2:49 AM
    Friday, January 13, 2012 3:58 AM
  • Hi, Go To -> Site Settings-> Modify Navigation -> under Global Navigation -> select the Item for which you want to Add the submenus and select the Add Heading or Add link and add the name along with link save it. you get submenus now.
    Anil
    Friday, January 13, 2012 9:35 AM
  • Hi Glenn,

You can achieve this by the way that mentioned above. But after you add a link to navigation bar, you should move it to top level by “Move Up” or “Move Down”.

If you just begin to work with SharePoint, you can refer to this article for better understanding of navigation:

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/sharepoint-server-help/configure-navigation-items-on-the-site-navigation-settings-page-HA010118190.aspx

Hope this helps.

Thanks.

Pengyu Zhao

TechNet Community Support

Tuesday, January 17, 2012 11:41 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Have you tried them adding as link under respective folders in navigation tree?

If not then go for it and do let us know.

Thanks, Rahul Rashu
    Friday, January 13, 2012 3:58 AM
  • Hi, Go To -> Site Settings-> Modify Navigation -> under Global Navigation -> select the Item for which you want to Add the submenus and select the Add Heading or Add link and add the name along with link save it. you get submenus now.
    Anil
    Friday, January 13, 2012 9:35 AM
  • Hi Glenn,

You can achieve this by the way that mentioned above. But after you add a link to navigation bar, you should move it to top level by “Move Up” or “Move Down”.

If you just begin to work with SharePoint, you can refer to this article for better understanding of navigation:

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/sharepoint-server-help/configure-navigation-items-on-the-site-navigation-settings-page-HA010118190.aspx

Hope this helps.

Thanks.

Pengyu Zhao

TechNet Community Support

Tuesday, January 17, 2012 11:41 AM