MDT 2013 Deploying to Macs using boot DVD RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am getting frustrated with this deployment to Mac using MDT hosted on server \\servername\deployshare\

Being a Mac an not having PXE boot I created a Media DVD with the bare essentials to get it past WinPE, deploying the OS however after it does the sysprep and setting your computer up for first use it then goes into the OS (in this case Win 7 x64) and stops.

No errors - if you take the DVD out and reboot it wants you to replace it as its not completed the deployment.

What I have noticed is that despite having DeployRoot =  \\servername\deployshare\ in both the Rules and BootStrap.ini for the media it then has been changed to the DVD drive (D:\) somehow

I am so close to getting this working...

Any ideas where and how I stop it doing this?

I forgot to add that I can get into the location \\servername\deployshare\ when the deployment stops so this doesnt look to be a credentials issue
    Thursday, June 4, 2015 12:28 PM

All replies

• So in your deployment share when you 'update deployment share' there is \\servername\deployshare\boot\ Within that share are Litetouch_x64.iso and an x86 one. Burn those to a CD and boot with that.  The reason why your MDT media changes the deployroot to be the DVD is because of a media.tag file.  Just use the stuff in the boot folder as that is what it is for and this will just sort of work for you.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

• Proposed as answer by Ty Glander Saturday, June 13, 2015 4:05 AM
    Saturday, June 13, 2015 4:05 AM