none
New-PAMTrust : The specified forest does not exist or cannot be contacted. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Experts,
    Trust you are doing well, I need some assistance.
    I am setting up PAM in our testing environment on Windows Server 2016 Datacenter and while I have successfully configured most of the things including MIM components,
     the only place that I am stuck up at the moment is when I run a new PAM trust command from my MIM Server to establish a trust with my Corp DC.
    I have checked that both the DCs CORP and PRIV are able to resolve and reach each other via DNS ( as we have the same DNS Server in our env,)
    My MIM VersionMIM 2016 Version 4.4.1749.0.
    My CORP DC is running on win 2012 r2 standard.
    I have tried many things but I always get stuck and below is the error that I get.
    New-PAMTrust The specified forest does not exist or cannot be contacted.
    Please assist,
    Thanks

• Edited by Parin Das Thursday, February 7, 2019 1:19 PM
    Monday, February 4, 2019 6:13 PM

All replies

• Hi Team,

For the above query that I had posted is basically because of the below:

1. I was trying to create a trust between  my bastian  forest and CHILD DOMAIN under the production forest.

Production Forest : abc.no

Child domain:pqr.abc.no

Bastian Forest :xyz.priv

I was initially running  the command from my  MIM Server (joined to xyz.priv) to generate  trust in pqr.abc.no(because  this is where we have all  the users, OU data etc)

command executed was : New-PAMTrust -SourceForest "pqr.abc.no" -credentials $ca

but I had to run New-PAMTrust -SourceForest "abc.no" -credentials $ca because the command executes at forest level 

Thanks,

Parin Das 

• Edited by Parin Das Thursday, February 7, 2019 1:21 PM
    • Proposed as answer by Keith Crosby Thursday, February 14, 2019 1:44 PM
    Thursday, February 7, 2019 12:46 PM