WLAN Autoconfig is freezing my laptop on Windows 7. No idea what to do.. RRS feed

• Question

• Hello I need help.. I don't know how it started but I woke up one morning and I went to open my internet browser and the loading circle came up and then went away with nothing loading. Task Manager wouldn't open either. Soon, my computer just froze altogether. I restored it, and it worked for about half a day. I opened my computer the next morning and the same thing happened. I restored and it did nothing. So I ran malwarebytes and spybot, and cleaned my whole computer. Still nothing worked. I then went to msconfig and checked off each service until I found the one messing up my computer. I found out it was WLAN Autoconfig. Every time I check it and run it normally the same issues arise. But if I uncheck it, the computer works fine on normal mode, I just can't use the internet obviously. When I check WLAN the internet works ONLY on safemode. I'm stuck and have no idea what to do with the information that WLAN Autoconfig is the culprit to my problem... Would greatly appreciate help. Thanks
    Wednesday, May 1, 2013 8:02 AM

Answers

• 1. Check if there is any related log in Event Viewer.

2. Disable IPv6 for a test.

3. Update WLAN driver for a test.

Niki Han
    TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by Niki Han Thursday, May 16, 2013 2:20 AM
    Thursday, May 2, 2013 7:32 AM