installing office 2007 on windows 7 error says language of this installation package is not supported by your system RRS feed

• Question

• This error shows up when installing Office 2007 on my Win7 Netbook, any help?

Wednesday, November 18, 2009 7:31 PM

Answers

All replies

• Having Same issue here with Win 7 and Office 07 Enterprise Edition on X301 Thinkpad

Open for thoughts?
    Thursday, November 19, 2009 12:48 AM
  • Hi,

I would like to confirm what installation media is used to install Office 2007. This issue may occur if the language setting is incorrect or if the installation media has problem.

To troubleshoot this issue, please refer to the following article first:

How to fix the error: "The language of this installation package is not supported by your system" during Office Products installation?

If it does not work, please try steps on the following article to complete remove and reinstall Office:

http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=928218

Hope it helps.

Vivian Xing - MSFT
    • Marked as answer by Vivian Xing Wednesday, November 25, 2009 9:23 AM
    Thursday, November 19, 2009 8:12 AM
  • Vivian, why would this only affect Win7?  The other article suggests something is wrong with the installation media, but installs to Windows XP have no issue.  (I am using SCCM to push the package)
    Monday, December 7, 2009 7:57 PM
  • I believe the issue in my case was that Windows was build 7100 (beta) and not the 7600 RTM version.
    Tuesday, December 8, 2009 1:08 AM
  • How exactly are you transfering installation files to this netbook ? I assume you copied CD contents to USB and transferred it to netbook ? If so, you may try zipping all the files before transferring, and copying that zip onto the netbook and unzipping them there. If you get same error, try running setup via network share (if possible).
    Also i found this link: http://www.microsoft.com/office/downloads/ where you could download setup files needed and install Office on netbook.
    Please post feedback.
    Tuesday, December 8, 2009 8:48 AM