Users can't adjust settings in FCS, no matter what's adjusted in FCS Console RRS feed

• Question

• Hello everyone,

I need help and don't know what's the problem here.

I've got a 1-server environment with Forefront Client Security and about 10 clients. All was installed like it's mentioned in the TechNet instruction.

My problem is, that the clients can't adjust settings in FCS. It says that the settings are managed by the administrator. I know that I can adjust this in FCS management console. I've got one policy for all computers.

No matter what I adjust in this policy under "advanced", "client options", the client users cant't adjust settings, and they're even all local system administrators.

Now my settings look like this:

- "users can adjust all Client-Security agent settings and messages"
    - "only administrators can adjust all Client Security agent settings"
    - "Allow adding connectors"
    - "Show command prompt when not classified software is detected"

Can anyone please help me? I've searched a long time, but found know solution for my problem...

Excuse my bad english, I do my best ;-)
    Tuesday, March 3, 2009 10:53 AM

All replies

• On the "Protection" tab of your policies change Virus Protection and Spyware Protection to "User Controlled" that should open up a lot more of the available options to your end users.  There may still be a couple though that you cannot change if I remember correctly when you are deploying policy to a client though.
    CSS Security Support Engineer (FCS/MBSA/WUA/Incident Response) Check out my blog http://blogs.technet.com/kfalde
    Wednesday, March 4, 2009 10:34 PM