Blank screen after login RRS feed

• Question

• I was creating a new Vista Business 32 sp1 virtual machine through hyperv on my2k8 box.  Everything was going fine.  I got the install on, I installed Integration Services, and rebooted.  I then joined it to the domain and it said it wanted to install some updates, so I did that.  I logged back in and then added some users to the local admin, enabled RDP and installed the last of the Windows updates.  I brought the server up one last time and tried to remote into it and it wouldn't even find the PC. 

I went to log back in locally and I wound up at a blank black screen.  I tried ctrl+alt+del (the button on Hyper-v) and it did nothing.  I rebooted and tried again; same problem.  I rebooted again and tried another user; I wound up with a blank blue screen. 

Then I tried safe mode.  I still wound up with a blank screen, but this time, task manager came up and I could launch explorer.  I uninstalled all the updates and the Integration Services and rebooted.  Still got the blank screen.  Back in safe mode, I took the PC off the domain and rebooted. 

Now I can log in as the local admin.  I'm in the process of trying to reinstall Integration services, but it's also asking for a driver for a new device...

Unrelated:  Is there an easy way to do ctrl+alt+delete in a full screen virtual session accessed through the console while remoted into the server?  When I hit C+A+D, my local system locks instead of my 'local' session to the vista client in my remote 2k8 connection.
    Tuesday, March 17, 2009 4:19 PM

Answers

•  

After checking the issue, it seems this is a general Hyper-v related issue. As this forum focuses on Windows Vista specific issues, this inquiry would best be posted to Windows Server 2008 Hyper-V forum:

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/windowsserver2008r2virtualization/threads/

The reason why we recommend posting appropriately is you will get the most qualified pool of respondents, and other partners who read the newsgroups regularly can either share their knowledge or learn from your interaction with us.  Thank you for your understanding.

Also, for your information, we usually use CTRL+ALT+End to launch in virtual session.

Sean Zhu - MSFT
    Thursday, March 19, 2009 7:22 AM