none
Adobe 812 Software Installation

Question

• I have a gpo for my Windows 7 workstations that was installing Adobe 812,

General Setting
    Deployment type Assigned
    Deployment source \\fps01\software$\AdobeRdr8\AcroRead.msi
    Uninstall this application when it falls out of the scope of management    Disabled

I had the scope of managment set to "Enabled" until yesterday. 

I have unlinked the GPO months ago and I have workstation that is still getting the GPO and trying to uninstall and failing, I do not see the software installed on this machine. I'm sure other WS are doing the same. 

How would I break out of this loop and have the WS not try to keep applying this policy?

Thanks

Pat

Monday, January 02, 2017 1:05 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi Pat,
    Are you applying the GPO to the user or the computer?
    Please have a try to move the workstation or user accounts out from the OU which the GPO is applied to, and run gpupdate /force command on clients to see if it works.

In addition, you could create another GPO to force software package removal.
    Best regards,
    Wendy

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Tuesday, January 03, 2017 2:14 AM
  • computer, the policy has been unlinked, it is trying to remove from a workstation that it is no longer installed. 
    Tuesday, January 03, 2017 10:43 PM
  • Hi,

Have you tried creating another GPO for forcing software package removal as I said in the last reply?

Best regards,

Wendy

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Friday, January 06, 2017 1:25 AM
  • Hi,

I am checking how the issue going, if you still have any questions, please feel free to contact us.

And if the replies as above are helpful, we would appreciate you to mark them as answers, and if you resolve it using your own solution, please share your experience and solution here. It will be greatly helpful to others who have the same question.

Appreciate for your feedback.

Best regards,

Wendy

Tuesday, January 10, 2017 7:47 AM