WSUS in Windows 2012 R2 AD - clients with error 8024500C - Failed to get client data RRS feed

• Question

• Hello 

Some of my computers are not found in my WSUS administrative interface(almost all).

I went on a client computer, Windows 8.1 and checked the file %windir%\Windowsupdate.log.

Here I can see that the GPO has propagated the local WSUS server and that the client tries to comunicate with the server but there is an error: 8024500C - Failed to get client data

I read some post on and I tried to disable ipv6 on the client and I checked that the services "Background Intelligent Service" and "Windows Update" are running on the client. Services were running. How can I fix this error?

Thank you.

Thursday, May 18, 2017 9:32 AM

All replies

• Hi,

According to your description, my understanding is that some clients failed to obtain Windows Update from WSUS - 8024500C - Failed to get client data.

Please try below steps and confirm the result:
    1. On client, open CMD and type below command to stop Windows Update service:
    net stop wuauserv
    2. Rename the softare distribution folder:
    Ren %systemroot%\SoftwareDistribution SoftwareDistribution.old
    3. Start Windows Update service:
    net start wuauserv

Or, using system built-in Windows Update Troubleshooting to check/repair basic configuration:
    Control Panel – Troubleshooting – System and Security – Windows Update.

Best Regards,
    Eve Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, May 24, 2017 12:01 PM
  • Hi,

How things are going there on this issue?

Please let me know if you would like further assistance.

Best Regards,
    Eve Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, May 31, 2017 9:52 AM