callforwarding to external numbers RRS feed

• Question

• I don't see any way to do this. Using Voice Policies you can decide whether to allow / disallow call forwarding altogether, but since we don't have a different voice policy for forwarded calls I'm out of ideas.

Is this just one of those features that's still missing?
    Thursday, April 7, 2011 1:36 PM

All replies

• Stephan,

Where are you trying to forward the calls from?  The Lync has the call forwarding settings for each user in it (small phone at the bottom left corner of the client).  The communicator client has a similar setting as well.  Response groups have an option to forward the calls on the RGS Configuration page where you are building them.   Are those the type of forwarding settings you are looking for?

Hope this helps!

-kp

Kevin Peters blog: www.ocsguy.com MVP Communications Server, MCITP: Enterprise Administration | MCTS:OCS | MCSE | MCSA | CCNA
    Thursday, April 7, 2011 2:17 PM
  • Hi Stephan,

Yes, as I know AllowCallForwarding is the only voice policy for forwarding calls.

If this is not the answer you want, please describe your question more detailed.

Thanks and Regards!

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Friday, April 8, 2011 2:53 AM
  • Hello,

I think that Stephen is talking about a policy to restrict users to be able to configure call forwarding towards external numbers. It is a quite useful feature of PBX where this is done through a Class of Service or something similar. If an user does not have the right to forward call to external numbers and he tries to do so, he will receive an error message displaye on his telephone.

I'm not sure the Call Forwarding option in Lync does have the possibility to do so. Not yet at least.

Quang.

Friday, April 8, 2011 5:59 AM
  • As Quang said...

I want user Lync user X to be able to callforward to any other Lync user, but not his own cellphone or any other external number (number that goes out via PSTN gateway or SIP trunk to an IPTSP).

Friday, April 8, 2011 4:33 PM
  • That would be tied to a Voice Policy with a PSTN Usgae and a Route.  You could restrict this behavior by the policy that the user has applied.  Or you could use a route with a number match that would only allow a range to a specific set of numbers.

Depending on how the user can call normally, you have a few options here.

rsi3

Saturday, April 9, 2011 8:25 AM
  • The thing with voice policies is that they don't only apply to your personal callforwarding but all calls you make.

You cannot have a voice policy that allows you to make calls to say +41441234567 but that does not allow you to forward your incoming calls to the same number. It's either +41441234567 is allowed or it isn't, but not "it's allowed for direct calls and not allowed for callforwarding".

And that setup is quite common with traditional PBXes (it's a cost control measure.. you don't want your people to callforward to foreign countries or cellphones) but they may have to be able to call those numbers when they're in the office.

Monday, April 11, 2011 9:47 AM