none
Offline files with offline folders from GPO

Question

• Some clients (Windows 7 Sp1) are under Microsoft Domain (Win 2008 R2).

I activated the GPO for redirect folders (My Documents) to a Group of users, with offline mode enabled.

This GPO is correctly deployed to the clients, and in fact My Documents folder is correctly redirected to the server. On the client, I can work on it without any problem.

The problem is about offline files.

If I remove the network cable, or if I click on "offline" in My Documents, the files appear grey, with a grey X on them, and if I try to open them, I see a message thay say the files are not available.

On the client machines, Offline Files is enabled, and disk space for them is used.

But if I click on "visualizza file offline" (see files offline), and I try to open the files, I can't, and I see the same message that the files aren't available.

Automatic synchronisation seem to be executed correctly, in fact I see the cyan tick saying all is ok. But if I try to sync manually, every file strike the error that is impossible to access the files because the file is used by another process.

In the sync centre there aren't sync conflicts.

Tuesday, June 14, 2016 2:58 PM

Answers

• Hi Jay

I close this post and move here: https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/it-IT/53c8dc9f-c621-482d-bdf5-b8a10a118f98/offline-files-with-redirect-folders-by-gpo?forum=winserverGP

• Marked as answer by Pao7575 Friday, July 8, 2016 6:40 AM
    Friday, July 8, 2016 6:40 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Thanks for your post.

Would you run GPresul /h C:\gpresult.html and post it to us for further research?

Best Regards,

Jay

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and un-mark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, June 16, 2016 1:40 PM
  • Hi Jay

I close this post and move here: https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/it-IT/53c8dc9f-c621-482d-bdf5-b8a10a118f98/offline-files-with-redirect-folders-by-gpo?forum=winserverGP

• Marked as answer by Pao7575 Friday, July 8, 2016 6:40 AM
    Friday, July 8, 2016 6:40 AM