none
Issue backing up non-domain Windows 2008 Server RRS feed

• Question

• Hello...I am having trouble backing up a non-domain Windows 2008 R2 server...it has been working for many months, but, can't get the agent to communicate back to the DPM server anymore for some reason...the server is in a DMZ, but, for the time being to troubleshoot the issue I have opened all ports to and from the host and the DPM server...here is the error message that SCOM is sending me when it fails:

Alert: DPM2010: Recovery point creation failure

Source: System Protection

Path: hostserver.som.umaryland.edu;dpmserver.som.umaryland.edu.hostserver.som.umaryland.edu

Last modified by: System

Last modified time: 7/30/2012 9:00:07 PM Alert description:

Creation of recovery points for System Protection on hostserver.som.umaryland.edu have failed. The last recovery point creation failed for the following reason: (ID: 3114) DPM failed to communicate with the protection agent on issomexchedge01.som.umaryland.edu because access is denied. (ID: 42)

Thanks for any help!!

Tuesday, July 31, 2012 1:06 AM

All replies

• You mentioned that you opened all ports back to the DPM server. How about the other way? the access denied is mainly because of communication problem.

Try to re-add the agent and check your firewall logs for any dropped packages.

Then open all ports in poth ways DPM server <---ALL---> Protected server. then re-add the agent and check the firewall logs for dropped packages.

let me know the results.

ITLAAL

Thursday, August 2, 2012 9:32 AM