Problems with Office 2010 'not responding' error RRS feed

• Question

• I have Office 2010 beta version installed on my Dell Inspiron laptop and continously have problems with Word freezing and displaying the 'NOT RESPONDING' error. I can type and occassionally move the curser but when I attempt to do anything else the error appears.

Is there a solution>?

Saturday, August 21, 2010 11:45 AM

Answers

• Try installing a "physical" printer (that is not a software one).  It does not have to be physically attached to the computer, but install the driver for it.  One you could try is the free PrimoPDF converter that appears as a printer when you install it.

-- Hope this helps.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP,
    dkr[atsymbol]mvps[dot]org
    Posted via the Community Bridge

"the ute" wrote in message news:74abc426-cc0a-46eb-9d06-c20e8f2c376e@communitybridge.codeplex.com...

The printer driver options are Fax, MS Office Document image writer, MS XPS Dcument writer and Send to OneNote, default was set to OneNote, but have tried all printers without success. Office 2010 word still freezes and produces the "Not Responding' error.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP dkr[atsymbol]mvps[dot]org
    • Marked as answer by Jennifer Zhan Friday, August 27, 2010 1:13 AM
    Sunday, August 22, 2010 12:46 AM

All replies

• Do you have a printer (driver) installed and set as the default printer?

-- Hope this helps.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP,

"the ute" wrote in message news:c3909490-0fcd-448c-a11f-5674d88bad06@communitybridge.codeplex.com...

I have Office 2010 beta version installed on my Dell Inspiron laptop and continously have problems with Word freezing and displaying the 'NOT RESPONDING' error. I can type and occassionally move the curser but when I attempt to do anything else the error appears.

Is there a solution>?

Saturday, August 21, 2010 9:06 PM
  • The printer driver options are Fax, MS Office Document image writer, MS XPS Dcument writer and Send to OneNote, default was set to OneNote, but have tried all printers without success. Office 2010 word still freezes and produces the "Not Responding' error.
    Sunday, August 22, 2010 12:00 AM
  • Try installing a "physical" printer (that is not a software one).  It does not have to be physically attached to the computer, but install the driver for it.  One you could try is the free PrimoPDF converter that appears as a printer when you install it.

-- Hope this helps.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP,

"the ute" wrote in message news:74abc426-cc0a-46eb-9d06-c20e8f2c376e@communitybridge.codeplex.com...

The printer driver options are Fax, MS Office Document image writer, MS XPS Dcument writer and Send to OneNote, default was set to OneNote, but have tried all printers without success. Office 2010 word still freezes and produces the "Not Responding' error.

• Marked as answer by Jennifer Zhan Friday, August 27, 2010 1:13 AM
    Sunday, August 22, 2010 12:46 AM