none
Job failed due to ongoing synchronization. DPM Error ID 95 RRS feed

• Question

• I have a database of 110GB. I have set synchronization after 30 minutes settings as per SQL team requirement. Express full backup is configured to run 2:00AM daily. Now problem is that, all incremental backups running fine (after 30 minutes). But when Express full backup run at 2:00 AM, it takes more than 30 minutes to complete. It complete successfully, but another scheduled job which is to be started at 2:30 fails with this error. : Job failed on replica of ABCD\XYZ on ABCD.DF.COM because of ongoing synchronization. (ID 95)

Now this is clear that it fails because express full backup job is still running.

I cant change 30 minutes of syncing interval because this is the requirement of client.

How to resolve this, any idea..!!

Monday, February 24, 2014 1:36 PM

Answers

• Hi,

One solution to investigate is to do more express full backups so there are not as many DB changes between express full backups. The Express full backups should finish quicker.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. Regards, Mike J. [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Monday, February 24, 2014 6:41 PM