Win7 Ultimate reseal problem RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I prepared an image of win7 ultimate to install on many PC (same model) for a distribution to a customer.

I installed the tools and softwares requested by the customer, and modified the desktop image and the desktop icons as he preferred.

When i select the reseal oobe in the box, when the PC restarted and after entering the product key and the other info, when windows starts, the desktop image that I set previously is replaced by the standart windows image, and all the icons that i put in the desktop has been removed.

How can i do to keep that settings also after the reseal oobe?

Thank you in advanced.

Friday, March 15, 2013 11:00 AM

Answers

• As Rick mentioned this should be posted the win7 forum.

Which user account are you adding these icons for?

For the wallpaper you need to make sure the following two entries exist if they dont and set them to the path of the wallpaper (Make sure the image is not saved in a location that gets modifed using sysprep)

Regisitry

HKCU\Control Panel\Desktop\Wallpaper - REG_SZ

&

Local Policy

User Configuration\Policies\Administrative Templates\Desktop\Desktop\Desktop Wallpaper

If you set both of these before you run sysprep and reseal it should keep the changed wallpaper.

8B17

Friday, March 15, 2013 3:49 PM

All replies

• This the Windows XP Service Pack 3 (SP3) forum.

For Windows 7 problems you need to post in one of the Windows 7 forums @ http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/category/w7itpro

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”

Friday, March 15, 2013 12:18 PM
  • As Rick mentioned this should be posted the win7 forum.

Which user account are you adding these icons for?

For the wallpaper you need to make sure the following two entries exist if they dont and set them to the path of the wallpaper (Make sure the image is not saved in a location that gets modifed using sysprep)

Regisitry

HKCU\Control Panel\Desktop\Wallpaper - REG_SZ

&

Local Policy

User Configuration\Policies\Administrative Templates\Desktop\Desktop\Desktop Wallpaper

If you set both of these before you run sysprep and reseal it should keep the changed wallpaper.

8B17

Friday, March 15, 2013 3:49 PM