SharePoint 2007 root site navigation issue RRS feed

• Question

• I ran the stsadm -o gl-fixpublishingpagespagelayouturl  command which seems to have screwed up the navigation for my site. Whenever I click on modify navigation or go to the navigation option under site settings I get the following error:

Incorrect function. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070001)   at Microsoft.SharePoint.Library.SPRequestInternalClass.GetMetadataForUrl(String bstrUrl, Int32 METADATAFLAGS, Guid& pgListId, Int32& plItemId, Int32& plType, Object& pvarFileOrFolder)
       at Microsoft.SharePoint.Library.SPRequest.GetMetadataForUrl(String bstrUrl, Int32 METADATAFLAGS, Guid& pgListId, Int32& plItemId, Int32& plType, Object& pvarFileOrFolder)

This happens only on the root site and one of the subsites.

Please advise

Monday, April 15, 2013 1:37 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Assuming you are going to do restore of entire webapp DB when you finally decide to, I would try the command once more with webapp scope as below:

stsadm –o gl-fixpublishingpagespagelayouturl –url "http://intranet/" -scope webapplication

and see if that helps/changes behavior. Additionally, I would check for OOB names being used in any custom objects as suggested in my last response. If none of those help I would restore.

Regards,

Sukesh.

Friday, April 19, 2013 1:29 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Thank you for your question. I am trying to involve someone familiar with this topic to further look at this issue. There might be some time delay. Appreciate your patience. Thank you for your understanding and support.

Thanks,

Entan Ming

TechNet Subscriber Support in forum

If you have any feedback on our support, please contacttnmff@microsoft.com.

Entan Ming
    TechNet Community Support

Tuesday, April 16, 2013 3:12 AM
  • Hey,

Do you by any chance have any lists with the name Document, or more generically are we using any OOB names in any custom stuff. I have seen this error in such circumstances. Please check thoroughly across your site and rename such objects within the customizations.

If thats not the case, worst case you might have to roll back to a backup prior to running that command (hoping the incident is not from too far back and hoping that you do have good backups of that content DB).

The purpose of that command is to update  page layout when sites are exported/imported and moved around farms etc. Your post isn't specific in if this was needed or why we executed and also what exact CMD we executed for stsadm (scope switch is important), these details can help us better answer the query.

Regards,

Sukesh.

Tuesday, April 16, 2013 9:54 AM
  • Thanks for your reply.

The purpose of running that command was to update the page layout after a subsite was imported to a new site collection. The scope choosen was pagelayout but I think in the first argument I mentioned the root site address as it wasn't taking the new site collection whose pagelayout I wanted to update. I was trying to explore other options before I finally run the restore.

Tuesday, April 16, 2013 11:40 AM
  • Thanks Entan
    Tuesday, April 16, 2013 11:40 AM
  • Hi,

Assuming you are going to do restore of entire webapp DB when you finally decide to, I would try the command once more with webapp scope as below:

stsadm –o gl-fixpublishingpagespagelayouturl –url "http://intranet/" -scope webapplication

and see if that helps/changes behavior. Additionally, I would check for OOB names being used in any custom objects as suggested in my last response. If none of those help I would restore.

Regards,

Sukesh.

Friday, April 19, 2013 1:29 AM
  • Thanks Sukesh.. I guess I will give this command a go once we decide on restoring the web app. completely.
    Friday, April 19, 2013 11:04 AM