none
Sensor Drivers not installing via MDT RRS feed

• Question

• Has anyone had issues with Sensor drivers not installing via MDT deployment?  Most importantly I need the Screen Orientation and HID Sensor collection.

We are deployinng Win 8.1 Ent via MDT to Dell tablets.  The sensor drivers are not installed with MDT deploy,  they do get installed when i install Windows manually.  I can see all the Sensor drives in the driverstore folder.  When i add try to add the HID Sensor collection manually i get an error (10) service cannot start. 

I also added them to the drivers task sequence to no avail.  No errors in the log files.  Any help would be appreciated.

Sunday, February 9, 2014 10:52 PM

Answers

• The issue I had was due to a conflicting driver.  Once I deleted the Intel Sensor LxLpSens.inf from the Out-of-Box Drivers the sensors installed correctly.
    • Proposed as answer by award212 Wednesday, June 25, 2014 12:38 PM
    • Marked as answer by Rue_Z Wednesday, October 28, 2015 2:45 AM
    Wednesday, June 25, 2014 12:40 AM

All replies

• Which Dell tablets are you deploying to? I have deployed Win 8.1 to Venue 11 Pro's without issues

Monday, February 10, 2014 1:00 AM
  • Hi, deploying to Dell Venue 11 Pro and XPS 11 and 12.  Its happening on all of them.

So you can see the screen rotation drivers after an MDT deployment?

Monday, February 10, 2014 1:59 AM
  • Hi, deploying to Dell Venue 11 Pro and XPS 11 and 12.  Its happening on all of them.

So you can see the screen rotation drivers after an MDT deployment?

I updated my previous comment as to the model. I meant to say the Venue 11 Pro 7130's. We install the drivers directly from http://en.community.dell.com/techcenter/enterprise-client/w/wiki/2065.dell-driver-cab-files-for-enterprise-client-os-deployment.aspx. And the tablet is 100% clean and fully funtional.  Download the .cab file and extract and import into MDT Out of Box Drivers. I use Driver groups in the Task Sequnce.

Where are you getting your drivers and how are you installing them?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Monday, February 10, 2014 2:25 AM
  • Hi, Yes i dowonloaded the cab files from the same link and injected all the drivers.

Same here, using a Venue 11 Pro 7130.  I wonder if its is due to running a deploy with the attached keyboard?  Silly i know but i'll try without it anyway. 

I also created a default Standard Task Sequences deploy and attached it the windows 8.1 WIM to elimiate a problem with our custom WIM.  I ran into the same problem, no sensor drivers. 

Monday, February 10, 2014 2:35 AM
  • Hi, Yes i dowonloaded the cab files from the same link and injected all the drivers.

Same here, using a Venue 11 Pro 7130.  I wonder if its is due to running a deploy with the attached keyboard?  Silly i know but i'll try without it anyway. 

I also created a default Standard Task Sequences deploy and attached it the windows 8.1 WIM to elimiate a problem with our custom WIM.  I ran into the same problem, no sensor drivers. 

I also deploy the the tablet docked with a keyboard, not issues.
    Monday, February 10, 2014 2:37 AM
  • Has anyone had issues with Sensor drivers not installing via MDT deployment?  Most importantly I need the Screen Orientation and HID Sensor collection.

We are deployinng Win 8.1 Ent via MDT to Dell tablets.  The sensor drivers are not installed with MDT deploy,  they do get installed when i install Windows manually.  I can see all the Sensor drives in the driverstore folder.  When i add try to add the HID Sensor collection manually i get an error (10) service cannot start. 

I also added them to the drivers task sequence to no avail.  No errors in the log files.  Any help would be appreciated.

Was a solution ever found for this problem?  I'm experiencing the exact same thing with a bunch of Dell Venue 8 Pro tablets.  This only happens when deploying the image with MDT.  A new Windows installation without using MDT will install the HID Sensor.

Any help would be much appreciated. 
    Tuesday, June 24, 2014 4:43 PM
  • The issue I had was due to a conflicting driver.  Once I deleted the Intel Sensor LxLpSens.inf from the Out-of-Box Drivers the sensors installed correctly.
    • Proposed as answer by award212 Wednesday, June 25, 2014 12:38 PM
    • Marked as answer by Rue_Z Wednesday, October 28, 2015 2:45 AM
    Wednesday, June 25, 2014 12:40 AM
  • That worked.  Thank you!
    Wednesday, June 25, 2014 12:39 PM