none
Details needed for exporting GPOs across forests

Question

• I'm working on a methodology to streamline GPO engineering across our organization. We have several entirely separate environments with different needs. Those differences will be captured and maintained.

The GPO export/import process works right now.  The source environment is server 2003 forest functional level and domain functional level.

I'm confirming the domain and forest functional levels in the destination environments.  We do our best to ensure that the ADMX and ADML file versions are the same across environments.

I have a couple of pointed questions.  Where is the result of the import process logged so I can identify errors and correct them?  The import process was allowed to complete despite these errors.  I'll post more specifics as I get them.

Given what I'm trying to accomplish, I thought about keeping the base GPOs the same in all environments and maintaining a separate GPO in each environment which exists to handle environment specific needs and differences.  Are there any comments or suggestions on this?

Tuesday, October 18, 2016 1:03 PM

Answers

All replies