none
Mandatory roaming profile keeps logging in as temp on multiple machines RRS feed

• Question

• So im all out of ideas on this one. We have a bunch of windows 7 machines that auto load a "student" AD account on boot. This account loads a mandatory roaming profile. For some reason the majority of the machines keep loading temporary profiles and when i go to C:/users there are multiple student temporary profiles. I have checked to see if the profile was corrupt in the registry but that was not the case. Also the student password never expires and is only part of the domain users group. Any help is greatly appreciated.
    Wednesday, October 4, 2017 3:01 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Temporary user profiles would be created when an error prevents the correct profile from loading.

I have seen a similar case which was resolved by changing the ownership of the folder to the user. So please make sure ownership and permissions set correctly on the User's profiles folder on the File Server.  Give user’s profiles folder full control right to those users.

Best regards,

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, October 5, 2017 7:20 AM
  • Users have full access to the roaming profile files. Its just strange that there are a few computers that work, but the majority receive this temporary profile error.
    Thursday, October 5, 2017 12:42 PM
  • Hi,

I would apologize for my late reply.

Would you reproduce the issue and create a trace file, then upload the file to OneDrive and paste the link here for deep analyze?

We could follow the link below to create and decode a trace:

Troubleshoot User Profiles with Events

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, October 18, 2017 8:28 AM
  • Hi,

Any update?

Friday, October 27, 2017 2:24 PM