locked
Can't see user created Option Sets (PickListMappingSet) CRM Online via OData Feed RRS feed

  • Question

  • Hi, can anyone help me to understand why I cannot see user created Option Sets via the CRM OData feed connecting through Power Query? I cannot work it out, when I select the PickListMappingSet table I cannot see any of the Option Sets configured in the CRM environment.

    If I extract the attributes XML file from the CRM system via the SDK tools I can see all the fields and they have a type of "PickList".

    I'm going round in circles - any help appreciated.

    Thanks. 


    Thank you for you time folks!

    Monday, August 10, 2015 2:15 PM

Answers

  • Sounds like more of an issue with the CRM team honestly and what they are including in their OData feed.
    Monday, August 10, 2015 4:18 PM

All replies

  • Well, what I did was create SharePoint Online lists to map the codes to their actual values and then just ingested these via Power Query and wired them together with the appropriate list. I know, doesn't answer your question but a potential work-a-round.

    More details here:

    https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/building-ultimate-microsoft-crm-dashboard-under-hour-greg-deckler?trk=pulse_spock-articles

    Monday, August 10, 2015 2:19 PM
  • Found this, your custom option sets are probably really in the customizations.xml file and the API is smart enough to include these but the OData feed is not?

    "As a bit more efficient workaround we could be adventurous and import a copy of the CRM solution file containing the entity customizations as an XML data source into Power Query and then pick out the necessary mappings from there. Due to the power of Power Query, this would actually technically work, and we could even set it to reference a file location from where the latest customizations would dynamically be imported upon workbook refresh. Still, that would leave us the burden of setting up an automated export system that would produce the customizations.xml file to reflect the latest changes."

    From:

    http://community.dynamics.com/crm/b/survivingcrm/archive/2014/08/12/access-option-set-labels-in-dynamics-crm-odata-feeds-via-power-query

    Monday, August 10, 2015 2:33 PM
  • Thanks Seth, yep this is the approach we may have to take (XML Attributes file).  I'm surprised as the CRM OData feed is picking up new_ entities automatically, but doesn't appear to do the same with PickList (or Option Sets as they're now referred to). 

    I'm planning to host the Attributes XML on a server and simply use the personal gateway to connect so we can have auto refresh scheduled.  I've tested the scenario and it works, but any reading this just give me a shout if you struggle as it can seem a little 'hit and miss' at times.

    Seems like an oversight, but then isn't there always!   I've pinged a support question off to the Power BI team.  will post what comes back.

    thanks again.


    Thank you for you time folks!

    Monday, August 10, 2015 3:24 PM
  • Sounds like more of an issue with the CRM team honestly and what they are including in their OData feed.
    Monday, August 10, 2015 4:18 PM
  • Thanks Seth - I'll try a post on the CRM forum and see what they come up with.

    Thank you for you time folks!

    Monday, August 10, 2015 5:11 PM
  • I have created a feedback item about it - please vote on https://connect.microsoft.com/dynamicssuggestions/feedback/details/1686453
    Wednesday, August 19, 2015 9:45 AM