none
Distribution group inside distribution group RRS feed

• Question

• We have a distribution group that contains another distribution group in it. The users inside the sub-group do not receive emails that are sent to it's parent group.

Any ideas?

We are running Exchange 2007 SP1 and Windows Server 2008

Thanks

Friday, July 6, 2012 2:08 PM

Answers

• Hi

When did your sub-DL join the parent-DL? If you tested just after joining, there will be a Cache for protecting.

How about wait for a while and send to the group again, or Perhaps you can restart the Transport Service

Cheers

Zi Feng

TechNet Community Support

Monday, July 9, 2012 8:30 AM
  • Hi,

In outlook, select the parent DL and expand it..

After expansion, you could see the sub-DL? If not, adding sub DL didn't happen correctly..

-Muralidharan.

Monday, July 9, 2012 9:58 AM

All replies

• I don't think your problem has anything to do with you running Exchange 2007 SP1 - A version that hasn't been supported for over a year, but I do think you should patch your server anyway.

Please check that the DL is of type Universal and that it is mailenabled.

What if you send directly to the "sub-DL?

Martina Miskovic

Friday, July 6, 2012 2:13 PM
  • I don't think your problem has anything to do with you running Exchange 2007 SP1 - A version that hasn't been supported for over a year, but I do think you should patch your server anyway.

Please check that the DL is of type Universal and that it is mailenabled.

What if you send directly to the "sub-DL?

Martina Miskovic

Both groups are already set to Universal. If I send directly to the group, emails are received fine.
    Friday, July 6, 2012 4:35 PM
  • Hi

When did your sub-DL join the parent-DL? If you tested just after joining, there will be a Cache for protecting.

How about wait for a while and send to the group again, or Perhaps you can restart the Transport Service

Cheers

Zi Feng

TechNet Community Support

Monday, July 9, 2012 8:30 AM
  • Hi,

In outlook, select the parent DL and expand it..

After expansion, you could see the sub-DL? If not, adding sub DL didn't happen correctly..

-Muralidharan.

Monday, July 9, 2012 9:58 AM