Stability of DPM 2012 over previous versions RRS feed

• Question

• For any of you that have used previous versions of Data Protection Manager in production environments, have you found that DPM v4 (2012) is more stable (i.e. less "flaky") than previous editions? Do you still find yourself needing to manually resynchronise protection groups on a regular basis? Looking to see how any of you that have indeed used previous versions of DPM are finding this release and how much of an enterprise-level solution you see it being? I found DPM to be more than adequate for small to medium sized environments but its instability a bit of a risk to propose for large environments (with potentially thousands of servers to protect).

Appreciate comments and feedback.

Thanks.

Wednesday, October 17, 2012 11:47 AM

All replies

• Hi I have a small environment, 100+ users, quite a few servers and dont really encounter any problems at all. In the beginning i had a few small problems but i ensure all windows updates and hotfixes are installed. I cant say i have run a manual sync in the last few months since release. I am backing up Exchange, SQL, SharePoint without issue. I also ensured that no GPO is applied to that server, other than that i can say smooth sailing for me. I guess each persons environment is different and you will encounter different problems to others. Just some feedback from me. Kind Regards DareDevil57
    Thursday, October 18, 2012 4:55 AM