Error while creating a new Project Site RRS feed

• Question

• Hello!

I have been working in SharePoint few weeks, and I had created Project Sites with no problems but now I get the following error.

A duplicate name "FullName" was found.   at Microsoft.SharePoint.SPFieldLinkCollection.Add(SPFieldLink fieldLink)
       at Microsoft.SharePoint.SPContentType.SyncFieldLinksForReal(SPContentType ct)
       at Microsoft.SharePoint.SPContentType.SyncFieldLinks(SPContentType ct, Boolean bCreateFromSTP)
       at Microsoft.SharePoint.SPContentType.SyncFields(SPContentType ct, Boolean bCreateFromSTP)
       at Microsoft.SharePoint.SPContentType.Sync(SPContentType ct, Boolean bCreateFromSTP)
       at Microsoft.SharePoint.SPContentType.SyncNewList(SPList list, Boolean bCreateFromSTP)
       at Microsoft.SharePoint.SPWeb.SyncNewLists()
       at Microsoft.SharePoint.SPWeb.ApplyWebTemplate(String strWebTemplate)
       at Microsoft.SharePoint.ApplicationPages.TemplatePickerUtil.ApplyWebTemplateAndRedirect(SPWeb Web, String strWebTemplate, Boolean bSharedNav, Boolean bOnTopNav, Boolean bOnQuickLaunch, Page page)
       at Microsoft.SharePoint.ApplicationPages.NewSubwebPage.BtnCreateSubweb_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
       at System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
       at System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument)
       at System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.System.Web.UI.IPostBackEventHandler.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument)
       at System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(IPostBackEventHandler sourceControl, String eventArgument)
       at System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(NameValueCollection postData)
       at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)

Even if that message is displayed, the Project Site is created but I don't know if there is some error while generating it and in the future may cause problems. Before that didn't happened...

Thank you for your help!

Thursday, February 24, 2011 2:50 PM

All replies

• Does your use of the text "Project Sites" mean that you are using Project Server ?

(or are these just normal SharePoint sites you have decided to call "Project Sites" ?)

Moderator pre-2010 forums

SP 2010 "FAQ" (mainly useful links): http://wssv4faq.mindsharp.com/default.aspx
    WSS3/MOSS FAQ (FAQ and Links) http://wssv3faq.mindsharp.com/default.aspx
    Both also have links to extensive book lists and to (free) on-line chapters
    Thursday, February 24, 2011 6:43 PM
  • Try and change the name of your project . This may be caused when you do not delete the content database when deleting the Project sites. If You get success by changing name try deleting unwanted or old content databases.

Deepankar Mohapatra

mailme@dmohapatra.in

http://dmohapatra.in

Friday, February 25, 2011 10:15 AM
  •  

Hello Mike!

Thanks for answering. The "system" was developed by an IT and I use SharePoint for many purposes. I think that "Project Sites" is just the name but they really are SharePoint Sites. Now, I've been thinking what happened nd when I generated a Template, I tried to hide the titles, which are the source from Content Types but at the time a new Project Site was generated, titles appeared again.

Now, there is the option to modify the "Title" column in the Content Type section but, "Title" belongs also to a source called "Item" and in that section may also be modified. So in order to avoid the problems the last change was done in the Item source and an option was displayed that said it would inherit the new status. So I clicked ok and many a In Process screen was displayed. After that, the error message started to appear and now when I want to create a new SharePoint Site? I don't get the menu to modify the groups for permissions.

Sorry for my explanation, it might be confusion and so I am with this.

Thanks for your cooperation

Friday, February 25, 2011 4:18 PM
  • Thanks for your answer, but I have already assured that names don't get repeated.

Do you have another recommendation?

Thank you

Friday, February 25, 2011 4:20 PM