Incorrect formatting showing between office 2016 word and office 2010 word RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

we have an issue with our users viewing documents modified in word 2016 and when the document is opened in word 2010 the formatting is off e.g. the heading is in the wrong place, pictures are missing in the footer. pages are the same size. images are the same e.g. behind text etc.

we have checked the capability error and there are no

I have attached the screenshot

office 2016

• Edited by mvaghji Thursday, July 19, 2018 11:35 AM
    Thursday, July 19, 2018 11:28 AM

All replies

• Hi,
    Now, I need further information to diagnose the problem for you. Please tell me the specific version information or build numbers Of Office 2016 you use to modify documents, Office 2010 user use to view the documents. You can refer to About Office: What version of Office am I using? to get Product Information of Office.

If possible, you can remove the personal information, then send the problematic document as an attachment to the following mailbox that we use to collect the information: GBSD TN Office Information Collection  ibsofc@microsoft.com
    Please attach this link to the post in the subject of the email to help us differentiate messages. I will try to reproduce your problem in the test environment, for further analysis.

If you have any question about Office, please feel free to let me know.
    Best Regards,
    Herb Gu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Microsoft Team

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams
    Friday, July 20, 2018 6:48 AM
  • Hi Herb

I have emailed this across to you. office 2010 (14.0.7208.5000) (32bit) office 2016/365 (version 1801 build 9001.2080)

Thank you.

Mahesh

Tuesday, July 24, 2018 1:20 PM
  • Hi Herb still haven't heard back.

please let me know if you can provide an update.

Thank you.

Wednesday, August 15, 2018 3:30 PM
  • Hi Herb

any update?

Thank you.

Monday, September 3, 2018 3:48 PM