How to determine that log shipping is being monitored? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I'm monitoring our SharePoint environment with OpsMgr 2007 SP1 and trying to determine why OpsMgr is not warning me of problems in my log shipping environment.

I've scoped the Authoring -> Management Pack Objects -> Rules window to the following management pack objects.

SQL 2000 DB Engine
    SQL 2005 Analysis Services
    SQL 2005 DB Engine
    SQL 2005 Integration Services
    SQL 2005 Reporting Services
    SQL 2008 Analysis Services
    SQL 2008 DB Engine
    SQL 2008 Integration Services
    SQL 2008 Reporting Services
    SQL DB Engine

When I do a search for "log shipping", only 5 rules are displayed and they're all rules for the SQL 2000 DB Engine. I'm running SharePoint on SQL 2008. Does the SQL MP support log shipping for SQL Server 2008?

Is there more detailed information about log shipping monitoring for the SQL MP? The guide that came bundled with the SQL MP is not detailed enough to really understand what is being monitored.
    Tuesday, September 8, 2009 3:24 PM

Answers

• The latest update to the SQL MP (6.0.6441.0) included new monitors in the SQL 2005 and 2008 MPs for monitoring Log Shipping both at the source and the destination.  The monitors are named “Destination Log Shipping Monitor” and “Source Log Shipping Monitor”.

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Use of attachments are subject to the terms specified at http://www.microsoft.com/info/cpyright.htm
    Tuesday, September 8, 2009 5:03 PM