Surface Pro 3 Touchpad options missing RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, we are in the process of deploying Surface Pro 3s. We are installing our own copy of Windows 8.1 Enterprise. What we are finding is that after the final reboot (I have set the finish action as Reboot) the touchpad settings go missing, however, the mouse settings still remain. This can be found under Mouse and Touchpad options.

I have not made any drastic changes to my unattended.xml file for Windows. I have a feeling that it may be driver related, but it does not make sense that the touchpad options are there before the final reboot.

Any help is much appreciated.

Friday, November 21, 2014 10:01 AM

All replies

• Specifically what settings? Additionally, are you joined to a domain? Does the problem repoduce if you do *NOT* join to a domain. the settings may be GPO related.

Keith Garner - Principal Consultant [owner] - http://DeploymentLive.com

Sunday, November 23, 2014 9:40 PM
  • Hi Keith, I have attached 2 screen shots, one is with the options present, before my final reboot when MDT wizard completes and the other is after the reboot.

I have tested this on a SP3 on and off my domain, GPO is not the issue I dont think. I have a feeling that in may be a Windows update that is causing this.

Let me know if the images can not seen, i had some issues attaching them.

Wednesday, November 26, 2014 11:47 AM
  • Hi Keith, I have attached 2 screen shots, one is with the options present, before my final reboot when MDT wizard completes and the other is after the reboot.

I have tested this on a SP3 on and off my domain, GPO is not the issue I dont think. I have a feeling that in may be a Windows update that is causing this.

• Sorry, I can't see any images.

Keith Garner - Principal Consultant [owner] - http://DeploymentLive.com

Wednesday, November 26, 2014 5:40 PM
  • Hi Keith, for some reason i can not upload 2 screen shot images that i want to show you. Can i email them to you directly?

Thursday, November 27, 2014 12:22 AM