none
Changing the scheduling. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

Firstly, I'm not sure if I'm asking this in the right area. Please let me know and I'll move my question if needs be.

Secondly, I am trying to change the plans in project server from auto to manually scheduled and it won't allow me to do it. I'm not sure if this is something I change in project server or in project itself.

I have gone in to the plans and the templates and when I click the New Tasks box at the bottom left of the screen, Manually Scheduled is greyed out. I've gone in to Change Working Time in the ribbon, and gone in to the options and selcted Manually Sceduled from the New Tasks Created drop-down but it's not made any difference. I've googled but can't find anything useful so thought I'd ask here.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Clair.

Wednesday, February 12, 2014 3:00 PM

All replies

• Hi Clair,

Are you using 2010 or 2013 version?

First of all, default scheduling mode is defined by the administrator in the server settings (operational policies). If you cannot change it in Project Pro, please check in the additional server settings from operational policies that the checkbox preventing user to change this parameter in Project Pro has not been checked.

Please see this post: http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/projectserver/en-US/7d88b3d5-ebba-419a-86ae-2de081a7ba2a/unable-to-change-the-default-scheduling-mode-in-project-server-2010?forum=projectserver2010general

Then in Project Pro schedule option (file menu, option), you can define the scheduling mode for the active project or any new project for the new tasks:

Then for the current project, you can define the default scheduling mode in the task bar at the bottom of your Project window:

Finally you can change the scheduling mode for any single task from the "mode"column or from the "task" tab in the ribbon.

Hope this helps.

Guillaume Rouyre - MBA, MCP, MCTS

Wednesday, February 12, 2014 3:14 PM
  • Hi,

You should be able to change the task mode for existing tasks within Project Online.  You need to be editing the project in PWA, and be on the Schedule PDP, and the task mode column must be visible.  The screen shot highlights the relevant areas.

Ben Howard [MVP] | http://www.applepark.co.uk

Wednesday, February 12, 2014 8:21 PM