Question about computer not found RRS feed

• Question

• Hello and good morning. my question is im currently working on a server 2003 and the problem is looking at eventviewer my server keep telling me he cant connect to a specific computer "computer1" for example but i search for that computer on my domain and its no there.. any way i could get some help to tell my server to either stop looking for that computer or to fix this "connection" problem"

and also sorry .. i didnt knew where to th post his question.

thank you for your time, Lauro

Monday, October 4, 2010 5:45 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi lauro,

Thanks for posting here.

Could you post the description ,Error ID and source of this event here for further investigation?

Meanwhile , you might like to use TcpView and network monitor utility to verify which application attempts to access the remote computer that no existed:

TCPView

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb897437.aspx

Microsoft Network Monitor 3.4

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/details.aspx?familyid=983b941d-06cb-4658-b7f6-3088333d062f&displaylang=en

Thanks.

Tiger Li

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Tuesday, October 5, 2010 6:02 AM
  • Hi,

1) Try to ping the "Computer1"

2) If it resolves then check the IP address of the same

3) Check with netstat -n to show the listening on Computer1 IP address

4) Check with Net session for opening any session with "Computer1" IP address

5) Track that IP with the help of network guy

6) Find the same computer name in AD, DNS and DHCP

Thanks and Regards, Vikas This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees , and confers no rights.
    • Proposed as answer by Vikas Siingh Thursday, October 7, 2010 7:53 AM
    Thursday, October 7, 2010 7:53 AM