none
Javascript Date Bug in Project Server 2013 RRS feed

• Question

• I think I have found a bug in Project Server 2013 and am struggling to find a way of raising this to Microsoft (Connect is great why don't they do it for all products). If anyone on here can help suggest work arounds, hotfixes or how to get it fixed that would be great.

The bug itself is in the Status Reports section of Project Server. If you create a status report and send it to someone after the 13th day of the month (my issue I did it on the 26th April) then on the View Responses screen (after they filled a few responses in) you cannot change the date.

I am in the UK, and the servers are all configured to UK and the SharePoint 2013 instance is configured to UK and clients are UK. The problem seems to be that JavaScript is not UK. So the View Response screen has a bit of JAvaScript in it that checks the entered Start Date to see if it is greater than the minimum response date. In my case this is '26/04/13' which in JavaScript terms is the 4th Day of the 26th Month of 2013, which is actually 4th June 2015. As the start date I enter is something like 4th May 2013 this is false and it fails.

The hard coded start date is embedded in the page when it is received on the browser so it is SharePoint or Project Server that is entering it wrong into the page.

Any assistance would be appreciated on this one as it makes this whole feature unusable. I have a work-around and that is to re-create my Status Request on the 7th July 2013 but I don't think this is sensible.

Regards

DJIDave

Wednesday, June 26, 2013 7:17 PM

Answers

• HI Dave,

Checked this morning and see that we had a fix request from one of our Finnish customers - and this appears to be an issue related as you mention to the date format but also the sort order - it does not affect all locales that don't have the same date format as the US.  We have a fix coming in the October 2013 Cumulative Update for Project Server 2013 (due 8th October 2013) - and the same fix should be coming to Project Online over the next few weeks.

Best regards,

Brian

Thursday, September 5, 2013 2:58 PM

All replies

• Anyone available to assist on this, does anyone know a place to raise bugs with the SharePoint and Project Server products to Microsoft?

Tuesday, August 27, 2013 7:50 AM
  • I have just changed the Site Settings to English (United States) and the issue goes away. The problem is that the date format is now in US and it should be UK.

Also when doing this I noticed that the minimum date is actually at a given time on the day, so if you select the 1st day it also fails as it compares a date only with a date/time.

I have tested both issues in a on Premise install and also on the microsoft hosted version of Project Server 2013.

Regards

Dave

Thursday, August 29, 2013 10:40 AM
  • Thanks Dave - I'll take a look and see if we already have these ones logged.  I have a call with our European team in the morning - I'm sure they will know more about this one - and it does ring faint bells.  Also interested in more details of the timesheets you have blocking your system (Twitter post) - that sounds familiar too but difficult to be sure in 140 characters.

Generally we try and keep an eye on bug postings through the forums, or our MVPs bring the posts to our attention when they spot them when they are answering questions - sorry this one slipped through.  A great place to let us know about bugs is via the various options on http://support.microsoft.com and open a support incident - we don't charge for the incident if it is confirmed as a bug. 

Best regards,

Brian

Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Project Server TechCenter | Project Developer Center | Project Server Help | Project Product Page

Thursday, September 5, 2013 1:49 AM
    Owner
  • HI Dave,

Checked this morning and see that we had a fix request from one of our Finnish customers - and this appears to be an issue related as you mention to the date format but also the sort order - it does not affect all locales that don't have the same date format as the US.  We have a fix coming in the October 2013 Cumulative Update for Project Server 2013 (due 8th October 2013) - and the same fix should be coming to Project Online over the next few weeks.

Best regards,

Brian

Thursday, September 5, 2013 2:58 PM
  • Just to confirm that last post was actually from me - was logged in with a different Live ID...

Best regards,

Brian

Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Project Server TechCenter | Project Developer Center | Project Server Help | Project Product Page

Thursday, September 5, 2013 3:10 PM
    Owner
  • Hi Brian,

Sorry about the delayed response (mainly due to holiday). The corrupt timesheet issue seems very random and I am waiting for it to re-occur so I can dig in and get more details. But in general this is what we see.

1) We have a simple project with 10 tasks (Sprint 1, Sprint 2, etc), each lasting 2 weeks assigned to developer

2) Developer puts 8 hours per day against 1 task for 5 days and submits the timesheet

3) In the approval screen (we have task status and timesheet approval turned on), it only shows timesheets that were submitted before the corrupt one. It also shows an error at the top of the screen (can't remeber exact wording but something like Can't show all sections)

4) If I go into Approvals -> History -> Timesheets, I can see that the developer has submitted a timesheet but if I open it, it drops out

5) The work around is the developer goes back in and recalls the timesheet, if they resubmit it, it is still in error state so they delete the timesheet

6) Then they create an exact replicar of the failed one and it works fine.

Once it re-occurs I will update with exact details.

Regards

Dave

Thursday, September 19, 2013 2:32 PM