Search usage reports not coming in sharepoint 2007 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

We have a publishing site with person.aspx added to it. In the search center we have only people search and the search works fine.

But in the usage reports, the Search usage reports do not come up.

Top Queries Over Previous 30 Days and Search Results Top Destination Pages shows "No data is available for this report. Usage analysis might have been enabled only recently, or there might have been insufficient usage to result in any values for the report."

I have checked the search usage reports in SSP.

Please help.

Thanks,

Sumi

Thursday, December 29, 2011 6:19 AM

Answers

• Hi Ejsumi,

Well the cause for this seems  little outfield:
    1. This issue may happen, if the SEARCH was not used in the site collection.
    2. No Best Bets configured on the site collection (It is expected.  Users will not configure Best Bets in the user’s site collection).

The results for “Top Queries Over Previous 30 Days and Search Results Top Destination Pages” will get generated only if the search being used in the site collection level. (The logs will not get generated until the search used.)
    Also the results for “Most Clicked Best Bets” under  ”Search result”  page may be empty in the site collection usage report page if there is no Best Bets configured on the site collection.

Thanks,

Jack

Tuesday, January 3, 2012 7:35 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Login into central admin and go to operations and check the usage analysis and processing.

This must be enabled to get the information logged.

I hope this will help you out

Thanks, Rahul Rashu
    Thursday, December 29, 2011 6:25 PM
  • Hi Ejsumi,

According to your description, you should make some configure on your SharePoint Sharedservices.

1.       Go to SharePoint SharedServices->Usage reporting, please choose Processing Setting and Search Query Logging.

2.       Go to SharePoint SharedServices->Office SharePoint Usage Reporting->Usage reporting ->Choose “Processing” and Search Query Logging.

You can also use SharePoint designer 2007 to view some reports.  You can refer to the link below.

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/sharepoint-designer-help/use-reports-to-measure-site-performance-and-usage-HA010174136.aspx#BM2

Thanks,

Jack

Friday, December 30, 2011 3:27 AM
  • Hi jack,

thanks for the reply.

I have already done the configuration in SSP and in central admin.

I get all the usage reports except for the search usage reports. Even in sharepoint designer it keeps showing the top search terms to be zero.

I need to get the usage reports of the search queries. Why is it not getting enabled in my sharepoint site?

Thanks,

Sumi

Tuesday, January 3, 2012 6:16 AM
  • Hi Ejsumi,

Well the cause for this seems  little outfield:
    1. This issue may happen, if the SEARCH was not used in the site collection.
    2. No Best Bets configured on the site collection (It is expected.  Users will not configure Best Bets in the user’s site collection).

The results for “Top Queries Over Previous 30 Days and Search Results Top Destination Pages” will get generated only if the search being used in the site collection level. (The logs will not get generated until the search used.)
    Also the results for “Most Clicked Best Bets” under  ”Search result”  page may be empty in the site collection usage report page if there is no Best Bets configured on the site collection.

Thanks,

Jack

Tuesday, January 3, 2012 7:35 AM