Exchange Connector 3.0: Unable To Validate Credentials RRS feed

• Question

• I have SCSM 2012 sp1 and I installed the Exchange Connector 3.0 from here: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=38791

I copied the .dlls and imprted the MP.  I followed the Deployment Guide instructions on deploying the certificate as well as the more detailed instructions found here: http://blogs.technet.com/b/infratalks/archive/2012/08/16/step-by-step-installation-of-exchange-connector-3-0-rc-for-system-center-2012-service-manager.aspx  I also created the regestry keys in step 4 of that link.

From the console I can begin creation of the connector but when I test/validate the RunAs account i get what seems to be a permissions error.

There is an event in the event log stating:

Exchange Connector: Unable to validate credentials, please refer to the event logs for more information (Error Type=MissingMethodException, Message=Method not found: 'Microsoft.Exchange.WebServices.Data.FindItemsResults`1<Microsoft.Exchange.WebServices.Data.Item> Microsoft.Exchange.WebServices.Data.ExchangeService.FindItems(Microsoft.Exchange.WebServices.Data.WellKnownFolderName, Microsoft.Exchange.WebServices.Data.SearchFilter, Microsoft.Exchange.WebServices.Data.ItemView)'.)
    Additional Details:
    System.MissingMethodException: Method not found: 'Microsoft.Exchange.WebServices.Data.FindItemsResults`1<Microsoft.Exchange.WebServices.Data.Item> Microsoft.Exchange.WebServices.Data.ExchangeService.FindItems(Microsoft.Exchange.WebServices.Data.WellKnownFolderName, Microsoft.Exchange.WebServices.Data.SearchFilter, Microsoft.Exchange.WebServices.Data.ItemView)'.
       at Microsoft.SystemCenter.ExchangeConnector.ExchangeConnection.GetInboxMessages(Int32 maximumNumberOfItems)
       at Microsoft.SystemCenter.ExchangeConnector.ExchangeConnection.ValidateConnection(IExchangeConnectorLogger logger, String loginUsername, String loginDomain, String loginPassword, String impersonationEmailAddress, String serverUrl, Boolean onlyRedirectOffice365, String& errorMessage)

Did I miss something?  What special permissions does my workflow account need?

- Get on the floor, do that dinosaur

Tuesday, May 21, 2013 2:04 PM

Answers