none
On Split view Gannt Chart + Resource Usage - when saving the project Resource Usage data on the right side goes blank RRS feed

• Question

• Issue:

I have a project (in project server, may not be pertinent) and opened it in split view. Top is Gantt Chart, default configuration. The bottom part is Resource Usage. When I hit save in this view, the data on the right side of Resource Usage goes blank.

Is this a known issue? Is there any update out there that fixes this?

Workaround:

Uncheck/recheck "Details" view.

Environment:

Project Server 2016 on premise

Project 2016 Pro client (build 16.0.7070.2028)

• Edited by Ikyo Monday, August 1, 2016 4:17 PM
    Friday, July 29, 2016 5:22 PM

All replies

• Do you have the latest updates for Project Pro?

Rod Gill
    Author of the one and only Project VBA Book
    www.project-systems.co.nz

• Marked as answer by Ikyo Monday, August 1, 2016 4:16 PM
    • Unmarked as answer by Ikyo Wednesday, August 3, 2016 5:52 PM
    Sunday, July 31, 2016 7:46 PM
  • Good point. I know I have updated my project recently but upon checking this morning new update is available. I will report if it helps.

Current build number is 16.0.7070.2028

Monday, August 1, 2016 4:08 PM
  • Upgraded to the latest (16.0.7070.2033) and now it is working as expected. Thanks Rod for the pointer!!!
    Monday, August 1, 2016 4:16 PM
  • Ikyo,

Just for reference, I think you are referring to the Office version, not the Project version. You might want to take a look at:

https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/projectsupport/project-2016-public-updates/

John

Monday, August 1, 2016 4:53 PM
  • @Rod: I am taking this back. I am still seeing it. It seems pretty random.

@John: No, this is the Project Pro 2016 version.

Wednesday, August 3, 2016 5:53 PM
  • Ikyo,

I repeat, you are quoting the Office 2016 version, not the Project 2016 version. The latest version of Project Standard or Pro is: 16.0.4405.1000 (July 2016). If that's what you have, then your version of Project 2016 is fully updated. If you still have the problem then there is a very real possibility your file is corrupt.

Ref, https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/projectsupport/project-2016-public-updates/

and, http://www.tenforums.com/windows-10-news/57608-announcing-build-16-0-7070-2033-office-2016-a.html

John

Thursday, August 4, 2016 12:21 AM
  • Sorry for the late reply, I have to wait for account verification to be able to post images.

See below for screen capture. I think 16.0.7070.2033 might be correct. I will check the URL that you have posted.

Thanks.

Friday, August 5, 2016 3:40 PM
  • I tried to install KB from https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3115284, see below for error message

---------------------------
    Update for Microsoft Project 2016 (KB3115284) 32-Bit Edition
    There are no products affected by this package installed on this system.
    OK  

Same message for 64-Bit edition.

Friday, August 5, 2016 3:54 PM
  • lkyo,

Note that your screen shot says "Office Updates" with the version number of 16.0.7070.2033. Project is NOT part of Office. Ordinarily I'd tell you to click on the About Project icon and find the Project version number but apparently that isn't necessarily accurate for Project 2016 according to Brian Smith's blog. He says, "I have noticed that in 2016 we don’t do a good job of displaying the version and in File, Account, About Project we only display the MSO (i.e. Microsoft Office) version and not the specific Project version (You can confirm this by looking at the version of winproj.exe – in (default for 32 bit) C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\Office16)".

Since it looks like you have auto-updates enabled, I suspect your version of Project is indeed up to date and the fact that when you tried an update via the kb article it said, "there are no products affected by this package installed on this system", meaning, there is nothing to update because you are already up to date.

Given all that, if you are still experiencing problems then as I said in my last reply, I suspect your file may be corrupt. One way to clear corruption is to save the file to XML and then re-open in Project. Note, you will lose any custom formatting with this process.

John

Friday, August 5, 2016 8:12 PM