1607 client upgrade package RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

We have recently upgraded our SCCM 2012 R2 SP1 to 1607 to support Windows 10 update features. I can see the client auto upgrade option but I was not able to find if the upgrade created SCCM Client Package to upgrade the clients using package deployment.

Thank you

Thursday, September 1, 2016 3:41 PM

Answers

• You probably mean Version 1606.

You can just deploy the "Configuration Manager Client Package" if you don't want to use Automatic Client Upgrade. That Package should be available in the Packages Node.

Simon Dettling | msitproblog.com | @SimonDettling

Thursday, September 1, 2016 3:46 PM
  • to upgrade the client, why you are looking manual deployment of package? you should use the auto upgrade and that is use full, there you can test the client upgradation by using of pre-production collection 

Sharad Singh | My blogs: SharadTech | Twitter: @SinghSharaad | | Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you.This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Thursday, September 1, 2016 6:28 PM
  • Hi,

We have recently upgraded our SCCM 2012 R2 SP1 to 1607 to support Windows 10 update features. I can see the client auto upgrade option but I was not able to find if the upgrade created SCCM Client Package to upgrade the clients using package deployment.

Thank you

Just add the Last Update colomn in your SCCM console in the Package node. The date listed should reflect the date and time that you made the upgrade to 1606.

The client package is automatically created and distributed so that client can upgrade itself from the closest distribution point.

Benoit Lecours | Blog: System Center Dudes

Thursday, September 1, 2016 7:32 PM

All replies

• You probably mean Version 1606.

You can just deploy the "Configuration Manager Client Package" if you don't want to use Automatic Client Upgrade. That Package should be available in the Packages Node.

Simon Dettling | msitproblog.com | @SimonDettling

Thursday, September 1, 2016 3:46 PM
  • to upgrade the client, why you are looking manual deployment of package? you should use the auto upgrade and that is use full, there you can test the client upgradation by using of pre-production collection 

Sharad Singh | My blogs: SharadTech | Twitter: @SinghSharaad | | Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you.This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Thursday, September 1, 2016 6:28 PM
  • Hi,

Thank you

Just add the Last Update colomn in your SCCM console in the Package node. The date listed should reflect the date and time that you made the upgrade to 1606.

The client package is automatically created and distributed so that client can upgrade itself from the closest distribution point.

Benoit Lecours | Blog: System Center Dudes

Thursday, September 1, 2016 7:32 PM