none
What does this MIMWAL documentation extract mean in plain English... not all of us have english as first language! RRS feed

• Question

• MIMWAL has some useful looking functions. I am curious about the functions: ParameterValueAdded and ParameterValueRemoved

The documentattion for ParameterValueAdded states: "Returns the added values of a multi-valued request parameter of an arbitrary request".

The example given in the wiki is:    ParameterValueAdded([//Request/RequestParameter], "ExplicitMember")

What is an arbitrary request??

What I hope to do is to use this function within an action workflow triggered by an MPR monitoring adds to a multi-value attribute, FormSelectedADgroups in my case. So my action WF has the WAL Update Resources activity, and I want to call this function to act on my data.

What should the value expression be in my case?

Friday, May 13, 2016 8:51 AM

All replies

• the Delta lookup of MIMWAL now gives me all I need.

[//Delta/FormSelectedADgroups/Added]   -> [//WorkflowData/GroupsToAdd] (null allowed)

is just what the doctor ordered.

Friday, May 13, 2016 10:07 AM
  • Post your questions at the MIMWal targeted forum:https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/home?forum=Mimwal

Peter Geelen (Quest For Security) (blog)

[If a post helps to resolve your issue, please click the "Mark as Answer" of that post or click Answered"Vote as helpful" button of that post.
    By marking a post as Answered or Helpful, you help others find the answer faster. ]

Monday, May 16, 2016 9:03 PM
  • Seems like you've unblocked yourself on you own, but the answer to what an arbitrary request is any requests that you see in the request history in the FIMService including ones that are not related to the current request which triggered the workflows.
    Tuesday, May 17, 2016 8:31 AM
    Owner