Problem migrating a software update package containing a SCUP update RRS feed

• Question

• I’m trying to migrate a software update package from our ConfigMgr 2007 site to our ConfigMgr 2012 site. It contains the latest Flash Player update and it’s causing me headaches. I’m getting the error, “The destination site has not yet synchronized software update ‘Adobe Flash Player 32bit/64bit ActiveX 11.7.700.202’” when I run the migration job.

This update has been published to the new site server, I’ve run a SUP sync, I can see it in the console, I’ve rerun the migration data gather, I even created a new migration job and I’m still seeing the error. Any ideas what I’m doing wrong?

Tuesday, May 28, 2013 10:54 PM

All replies

• I've done a lot of migrations from CM07 to CM12, any my recommendation on this would be not to migrate software updates or SCUP at all. It won’t take you more than a few hours to reconfigure everything from scratch, and then you don’t need to struggle with old updates you don’t need anymore.

This is a great chance to get everything cleaned up…

Ronni Pedersen | Microsoft MVP - ConfigMgr | Blogs: www.ronnipedersen.com/ and www.SCUG.dk/ | Twitter @ronnipedersen

Wednesday, May 29, 2013 5:49 AM
  • Thanks for your reply.

I was considering giving up and just recreating the package manually. What would be the implications if I did this? If the deployments are migrated successfully, this is all the clients care about right? They won't care if there's a new package ID for the software updates?

Another implication I'm considering is what happens when I upgrade all our DPs at the end of the migration, I'd just need to distribute the new package to them?

Wednesday, May 29, 2013 6:57 AM
  • 1. No impact (you just have to create them again). Client wont care.

2. Dont migate deployments of software updates. Start over :-)

3. Correct.

4. Correct.

Ronni Pedersen | Microsoft MVP - ConfigMgr | Blogs: www.ronnipedersen.com/ and www.SCUG.dk/ | Twitter @ronnipedersen

Wednesday, May 29, 2013 6:38 PM