Lync 2010 suppressing caller ID by calling special prefix RRS feed

• Question

• Hello everybody

I would like to ask you a question concerning suppressing caller ID. One of our users have to call to different customers from different numbers. Example: User have number 111 he want to call to customer A. When he is calling to customer A his outbound  number have to be 222 so he will call number with prefix 55 Lync will discover prefix 55 and suppress his number to 222. But when he is calling to customer B his outbound  number have to be 333 so he will call number with prefix 66 Lync will discover prefix 66 and suppress his number to 333.

My question is if there is any opportunity how to reach this goal in Lync 2010.

Thank you!

• Edited by ElFatto Friday, March 1, 2013 9:13 AM
    Friday, March 1, 2013 9:11 AM

Answers

• I don't think this is possible the way you describe it.  Does Customer A always have to see 222 as the source number?  If so, this can be done by creating a route specifically for that number and using the "Suppress Caller ID" option to always show 222 as the source number.  You would then assign this route to the primary PSTN usage for your users at a higher priority than other, more general rules (local, long distance, international, etc.).  The downside to this approach is that you might end up with a large number of Voice Routes to manage.

• Proposed as answer by Kent-Huang Tuesday, March 19, 2013 8:50 AM
    • Marked as answer by Kent-Huang Tuesday, March 19, 2013 8:50 AM
    Sunday, March 3, 2013 8:27 PM
  • Hi,

As my understanding this is not possible as there is no way to set multiple alternate caller IDs for different destination numbers.

Kent Huang
    TechNet Community Support

Tuesday, March 5, 2013 3:56 AM

All replies

• I don't think this is possible the way you describe it.  Does Customer A always have to see 222 as the source number?  If so, this can be done by creating a route specifically for that number and using the "Suppress Caller ID" option to always show 222 as the source number.  You would then assign this route to the primary PSTN usage for your users at a higher priority than other, more general rules (local, long distance, international, etc.).  The downside to this approach is that you might end up with a large number of Voice Routes to manage.

Sunday, March 3, 2013 8:27 PM
  • Hi,

As my understanding this is not possible as there is no way to set multiple alternate caller IDs for different destination numbers.

Kent Huang
    TechNet Community Support

Tuesday, March 5, 2013 3:56 AM