none
Downloading File doesn't work, "File has been moved or deleted" RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

recently one of my clients contacted me and told me that he was unable to download a .msg file from our CRM system.

So I connected to the computer to have a closer look at the problem.

Turns out that he only had the problem with some specific .msg file.

The file has the name "Besuchsberich AK Feinrohr - Angebot Nr 2001267 Z 800+ Kombibehälter 2 x 700 Ltr Volumen (3).msg". When the user clicked the download link and just selected "open", he always got the message that the file probably was moved or was being deleted.

Selecting a different download location helped and provided a workaround, but I don't what's causing the problem. Can anyone help?

I thought maybe path is too long or hdd is full but that wasn't the case. Also deleted temp. internet files, no luck.

thanks for reading and regards

Martin

Friday, October 30, 2015 6:57 AM

Answers

• Hi,

How you download the .msg file, via Internet Explorer or your own CRM system?

We consider there is something wrong with the temp folder which saved the .msg file or the file name cannot be detected. We suggest you follow the steps below to fix it.

If you use Internet Explorer to open the file, please follow the link below to find the temp file location by referring the link below. Then clear this .msg temp file and open it again.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/view-temporary-internet-files#1TC=windows-7

If the temp file under your CRM temp folder, please contact your local administrator for help to find the temp file location and then clear it. After that, reopen it again.

For another possibility, the file name is too complexed to be detected. I suggest you contact your local administrator to rename the resource file and open it again for test.

Good luck to fix it.

Best Regards

Simon

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, November 3, 2015 1:44 AM

All replies

• I forgot to mention  that the crm system runs in a web browser. Client uses IE10.

Any suggestions?

Monday, November 2, 2015 9:55 AM
  • When the user clicked the download link and just selected "open", he always got the message that the file probably was moved or was being deleted.

What was the protocol used?  If it was HTTPS check to see if maybe  Do not save encrypted pages to disk  is checked (in Options, Advanced tab, Security section).  Otherwise I would be using PRocMon to try to understand the symptom.  However, you could probably get more ideas just from a simple Network capture in the Developer Tools.   (F12, etc.)

Good luck

Robert Aldwinckle
    ---

Tuesday, November 3, 2015 12:12 AM
    Answerer
  • Hi,

How you download the .msg file, via Internet Explorer or your own CRM system?

We consider there is something wrong with the temp folder which saved the .msg file or the file name cannot be detected. We suggest you follow the steps below to fix it.

If you use Internet Explorer to open the file, please follow the link below to find the temp file location by referring the link below. Then clear this .msg temp file and open it again.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/view-temporary-internet-files#1TC=windows-7

If the temp file under your CRM temp folder, please contact your local administrator for help to find the temp file location and then clear it. After that, reopen it again.

For another possibility, the file name is too complexed to be detected. I suggest you contact your local administrator to rename the resource file and open it again for test.

Good luck to fix it.

Best Regards

Simon

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, November 3, 2015 1:44 AM