Windows 7 Virtial PC Tab key problems RRS feed

• Question

• I am using Windows 7 Professional.  I am running Virtual PC ver 6.0.192.0 with XP sp3 installed.  I am having problems keeping the tab key working in my VPC session.  I ahve added the VPCKeyboard.dll to the list of additional rules in the Local Security Policy.  I am not using the variable %appdata% path, it's c:\...  When I first start VPC it works fine.  But after a while it stops working.  In VPC I use remote desktop to connect to a work computer.  I use VPC in full screen mode, constantly going back and forth between full screen and my host PC using the right Alt Enter combination.  It seems to happen when switching from full screen to window and back again.
    I had been on Vista Ultimate and never had a problem.

Any help is appreciated
    Thanks in advance
    Jeff D
    • Moved by Ronnie VernonMVP Monday, October 12, 2009 9:36 AM Focus (From:Windows 7 Miscellaneous)
    Friday, October 9, 2009 4:41 PM

All replies

• I was talking about this issue to one of my team mates - She said it the issue happens with her Virtual PC as well and when that happens she restarts the VM. Looks like your not alone.
    C# Fan! ananda84(at)gmail(dot)com
    Tuesday, October 13, 2009 9:29 AM
  • I found that if I keep it in a window I don't lose the keys.  Helps some, but like working in full screen.

Jeff D
    Thursday, October 15, 2009 2:40 PM