Move complete tenant (structure + content) to another tenant in 0365 RRS feed

• Question

• Is there a way where i can move complete site collections (site structure, enterprise metadata, content types, workflows, list & libraries with content) from one tenant to another tenant in 0365; P.S. can't use site templates since i am using publishing infrastructure feature! is 3rd party tools the only way to go OR can we write a custom utility using SP Online CSOM & REST API to complete this task? Guidance needed!
    Thursday, June 2, 2016 6:14 AM

Answers

• Bilal,

To my knowledge, Office 365 doesn't have this capability out of the box, an existing third party migration tool is a choice here.

>>OR can we write a custom utility using SP Online CSOM & REST API to complete this task?

I'm not sure if this is achievable. We mainly focus on Office client related questions in current forum, consider posting in the dedicated SharePoint Online forum, there you should get more professional responses:

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/msonline/en-US/home?forum=onlineservicessharepoint

The reason why we recommend posting appropriately is you will get the most qualified pool of respondents, and other partners who read the forums regularly can either share their knowledge or learn from your interaction with us. Thank you for your understanding.

Regards,

Ethan Hua

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Friday, June 3, 2016 6:09 AM