none
How to edit calendars created.... RRS feed

• Question

• I am using project 2007 professional.

Someone created calendars and assigned certain resources to them.

How can I view and edite the calendars created?

Thank you,

Dora

Tuesday, September 13, 2011 6:22 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Viewing and editing Calendars is through Tools, Change Working time. (the Project tab another poster talks about is for 2010 version)

Days off can be entered as exceptions.

Working TIMES thorugh Work weeks, details.

Greetings,

Tuesday, September 13, 2011 7:46 PM

All replies

• If you are in a project server environment using enterprise calendars,  someone with correct access would edit them via the admin area of project server in the enterprise data area.  If you are using local (project pro based) calendars, then go to the project tab then change working time then select the calendar.
    Tuesday, September 13, 2011 6:29 PM
  • Dora,

You can print a report for the base calendars that are in the project file by selecting the Report menu, then Reports... From there double-click on Custom then choose the Base Calendar report.  Select the preview button first because, depending on the number of BASE calendars and the exceptions within them, this report can be quite lengthy.

BikerJohn stated how to get to edit the calendars.

Gregg D. Richie, PMP, MCTS; Author, Microsoft Project 2010, Microsoft Official Academic Course Series
    Tuesday, September 13, 2011 6:54 PM
  • Hi,

Viewing and editing Calendars is through Tools, Change Working time. (the Project tab another poster talks about is for 2010 version)

Greetings,

Tuesday, September 13, 2011 7:46 PM
  • If you are in a project server environment using enterprise calendars,  someone with correct access would edit them via the admin area of project server in the enterprise data area.  If you are using local (project pro based) calendars, then go to the project tab then change working time then select the calendar.

Nope...not in project server
    Thursday, September 15, 2011 6:07 PM
  • Dora,

You can print a report for the base calendars that are in the project file by selecting the Report menu, then Reports... From there double-click on Custom then choose the Base Calendar report.  Select the preview button first because, depending on the number of BASE calendars and the exceptions within them, this report can be quite lengthy.

BikerJohn stated how to get to edit the calendars.

Gregg D. Richie, PMP, MCTS; Author, Microsoft Project 2010, Microsoft Official Academic Course Series

Printing is not what I need to do.  I need to "edit" them.
    Thursday, September 15, 2011 6:07 PM
  • Hi,

Greetings,

Excellent!  That is the answer I seek.  Form some reason I did not see them the first time I looked but now I do.  Thank you!
    Thursday, September 15, 2011 6:08 PM
  • Thanks Dora! I was afraid my answer was gettiing "snowed under" but I 'm so glad you discovered it :-)
    Thursday, September 15, 2011 7:32 PM