none
Windows 10 Sign in RRS feed

• Question

• My laptop is asking me to sign in, I don't have a sign in for this computer, it wont let me bypass. Even if I did, there is no where to sign in, I am unable to get past this to get into my computer

Monday, August 31, 2015 12:56 PM

Answers

• I did upgrade to 10 a few weeks ago

The problem started this morning.

When PC starts up, the is a place for a pic, my name and then a sign in box. Even if I had sign in, it does not work when you click it.   I cannot do anything with computer at all.

UPDATE: This morning I unplugged to let battery go dead.  I just got back on computer, I initially got the screen described above and then eventually went to the windows screen. and I can go to my apps as before.

I did add password, in the event I have this issue again I will have a password.

Monday, August 31, 2015 10:44 PM

All replies

• Did you upgrade to Windows 10?

Since when this problem started?

Where it ask for sign in?

Monday, August 31, 2015 9:59 PM
  • I did upgrade to 10 a few weeks ago

The problem started this morning.

When PC starts up, the is a place for a pic, my name and then a sign in box. Even if I had sign in, it does not work when you click it.   I cannot do anything with computer at all.

UPDATE: This morning I unplugged to let battery go dead.  I just got back on computer, I initially got the screen described above and then eventually went to the windows screen. and I can go to my apps as before.

I did add password, in the event I have this issue again I will have a password.

Monday, August 31, 2015 10:44 PM
  • Hi jskiff69,

Thanks for the update.

We could press the Ctrl + Alt + Delete and check it again, as you have already added password, then there should be no further issue here.

If any furher questions when using Windows 10, please feel free to post in TechNet.

Regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, September 1, 2015 8:59 AM