Can Conversations Follow a User RRS feed

• Question

• Quick capability question for everyone - can Lync 2013 be configured to have a user's conversation follow them to a different client or device? For example, If I'm having a conversation with one other person from my Lync 2013 PC client, can I have that conversation move with me to my mobile Lync 2013 client so I can continue the conversation?

Since one on one conversations are endpoint-to-endpoint I don't think so but this is a CIO question so I've got to ask. If it is possible, what is this "service" called?

Thanks in advance!

-Eric

Thursday, May 1, 2014 7:51 PM

Answers

• You're not going to see it on your mobile client.  Not a great solution, but I'd suggest suggesting it for http://lync.ideascale.com/

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you please click "Vote As Helpful" and if it answered your question please click "Mark As Answer". SWC Unified Communications

• Marked as answer by Lisa.zheng Monday, May 12, 2014 8:29 AM
    Friday, May 2, 2014 2:42 PM

All replies

• Sort of, you can resume a conversation from your conversation history to pick up on another device (hit Ctrl-S to force a save), but it's not elegant and doesn't really work well with the mobile client.

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you please click "Vote As Helpful" and if it answered your question please click "Mark As Answer". SWC Unified Communications

• Proposed as answer by PaulB_NZMVP Saturday, May 3, 2014 9:23 AM
    Thursday, May 1, 2014 8:14 PM
  • Thanks Anthony. I see that I can successfully save the conversation on the PC with the Ctrl-S shortcut you described, but the conversation didn't appear in the Conversations section of the mobile client. Is this a resolvable configuration issue, or will Lync 2013 Mobile clients (on Windows phones) just not open conversations saved elsewhere?
    Friday, May 2, 2014 2:32 PM
  • You're not going to see it on your mobile client.  Not a great solution, but I'd suggest suggesting it for http://lync.ideascale.com/

• Marked as answer by Lisa.zheng Monday, May 12, 2014 8:29 AM
    Friday, May 2, 2014 2:42 PM