App-V 5.0 SP2 RunVirtual Issue RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

in App-V 5.0 SP2 when using the RunVirtual feature, on adding iexplore.exe as a registry key entry with the corresponding package and versions ID's for a sequenced version of Silverlight, when launching Internet Explorer it does not open in the virtual environment. However, if I launch iexplore.exe from the command line and specify the /appvve:<GUID>_<GUID> switch, iexplore.exe does open within the virtual environment and Silverlight pages load correctly. I was wondering if anyone had experienced this issue before? Thanks.

Regards.

http://www.b4z.co.uk

Sunday, December 29, 2013 4:47 PM

Answers

• Hello,

is the package published globally?

To use RunVirtual or the new shell integration features - it is required to have the package published globally

Nicke Källén | The Knack| Twitter: @Znackattack

• Edited by znack Sunday, January 5, 2014 10:11 AM
    • Marked as answer by Barry Byrne Sunday, January 12, 2014 11:26 AM
    Sunday, January 5, 2014 9:56 AM

All replies

• What are you actually putting into the registry? Can you post a screenshot?

Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" or "Vote as Helpful" on the post that answers your question (or click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question). This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

This forum post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of my employer, Microsoft, its employees, or other MVPs.

Twitter: @stealthpuppy | Blog: stealthpuppy.com | The Definitive Guide to Delivering Microsoft Office with App-V

Sunday, December 29, 2013 10:44 PM
  • Hello,

thank you for the reply. Please see below for a screenshot as requested, any further feedback would be much appreciated.

Monday, December 30, 2013 2:36 PM
  • That looks OK to me, not sure why it wouldn't be working.

Try a trace with ProcMon when launching IE with the RunVirtual key enabled. That may indicate whether the key is being read or not.

Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" or "Vote as Helpful" on the post that answers your question (or click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question). This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

This forum post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of my employer, Microsoft, its employees, or other MVPs.

Twitter: @stealthpuppy | Blog: stealthpuppy.com | The Definitive Guide to Delivering Microsoft Office with App-V

Monday, December 30, 2013 10:55 PM
  • Hello,

is the package published globally?

To use RunVirtual or the new shell integration features - it is required to have the package published globally

Nicke Källén | The Knack| Twitter: @Znackattack

• Edited by znack Sunday, January 5, 2014 10:11 AM
    • Marked as answer by Barry Byrne Sunday, January 12, 2014 11:26 AM
    Sunday, January 5, 2014 9:56 AM
  • Hi Znack,

thanks very much for the response, publishing the package globally fixed the issue right away. Thanks again for the help.

Regards.

Sunday, January 12, 2014 11:26 AM