Veeam Management Pack seems to have clogged the Data Warehouse RRS feed

• Question

•  Hi experts,

I have a following problem - our DW db grew up to 700 GBs. After taking a closer look a the report it turned out, that the VeeamBackupMP.SessionTaskStaging table occupies arou nd 430 GBs!. Is it something I should configure retention for? What I found quite weird, is, that when I ran datadwrp.exe it shows me the Current Size of the Veeam.Backup.DataSet Raw Data dataset to be 430.000 kBs only. Is it possible it somehow lost three zeroes there?

Wednesday, March 8, 2017 9:47 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Which version of Veeam MP do you use? Is it up-to-date? I suggest you open a case at Veeam Support: https://www.veeam.com/support.html

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

• Proposed as answer by Yan Li_ Wednesday, March 22, 2017 7:10 AM
    • Unproposed as answer by Dariusz Nowara Monday, April 3, 2017 1:29 PM
    Wednesday, March 8, 2017 10:09 AM
  • Veeam Backup MP is 8.0. Is there any identified problem in this version, that could cause this kind of behavior?
    Wednesday, March 8, 2017 11:03 AM
  • Hi,

Version: 8.0.0.2372 ?

I am not aware of that problem in version 8.0.0.2372

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Wednesday, March 8, 2017 12:15 PM
  •  Hi,

Well the version is 8.0.0.2214

Monday, April 3, 2017 2:31 PM
  • Hey,

I had a couple of cases with Veeam already and I must say that they have a pretty good support. Just log a case on the portal and see how it goes. Besides this, I haven't had this kind of issue, even with older versions of the BackupMP.

Regards,

Stoyan (Please take a moment to "Vote as Helpful" and/or "Mark as Answer" where applicable. This helps the community, keeps the forums tidy, and recognizes useful contributions. Thanks!)

Monday, April 3, 2017 2:40 PM