none
Backup metadata enumeration failed RRS feed

• Question

•  

Hello,

I keep seeing this error on my DPM 2007 server VErsion: 2.0.8868.0 (installed on Server 2008 standard x64 SP2). SharePoint 2007 SP2 (Installed on Server 2003 x32 SP2 standard edition)

Affected area: Sharepoint Farm\sql03\SharePoint_Config
    Occurred since: 15/04/2013 6:05:28 PM
    Description: DPM failed to obtain catalog information as part of the backup for SharePoint Farm Sharepoint Farm\sql03\SharePoint_Config on sps02.momentumhealthware.local. Your recovery point is valid, but you will be unable to perform item-level recoveries using this recovery point. (ID 3103)
    Recommended action: 1) If you do not expect to be performing item-level restores using this recovery point, then dismiss this alert; otherwise, take the recommended actions in the subsequent steps.
    2) If the operation failed for a short-term backup to disk, in the Protection task area, select the data source and click Create recovery point to restart the backup.
    3) If the operation failed for a short-term backup to tape, in the Protection task area, select all the failed data sources that belong to the same protection group, and click Create recovery point – tape. This will ensure that the tape backups are located on the same tape.
    4) Dismiss this alert immediately after starting your backup.
    Resolution: DPM automatically changes this alert's status to inactive 10 days after it is issued.To dismiss the alert, click below
     Inactivate alert

Troubleshooting: Manual backup to disk completes successfully but scheduled one fails from time to time. THis time around it's failing every time the backup runs.

- I've reset all crawled contents and manually stated the crawl with no success.

- Maybe there is a site that’s corrupted and needed to be removed and re-added as per my research but im not sure how to go about doing this.

Can i request one of you geniuses to assist me on this please?

Much appreciated

• Edited by Hshad Tuesday, April 16, 2013 8:25 PM
    Tuesday, April 16, 2013 8:24 PM

All replies

• Can one of you please reply to my post?
    Wednesday, April 17, 2013 2:59 PM
  • Am i in the wrong section of the post? I posted this question on April 16th (9 Days ago) and still no traction on this.
    Thursday, April 25, 2013 4:05 PM
  • Hi,

On the Sharepoint front end server, Check the C:\program files\Microsoft.dpm\dpm\temp\WssCmdletsWrapperCurr.errlog for details.

Search for the string:  Caught Exception trying to generate

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. Regards, Mike J. [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Monday, April 29, 2013 8:11 PM
  • Hi Mike,

I browsed to the below location but it's not the same as what you've specified as i have nothing in the Temp folder except MTA. I found nothing to the reference you have mentioned in WssCmdletsWrapperCurr.errlog.

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Data Protection Manager\DPM

Any other suggestions?

Thanks,

Monday, April 29, 2013 8:52 PM
  • Ah - OK, this is DPM 2007, so they will be in the C:\Program Files\Microsoft DPM\DPM folder.

See if you have this string:  "System.Management.ManagementException: Invalid class"

See: http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/dpmsharepointbackup/thread/69782b8d-9d2d-4a74-aabd-63784828d023/

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. Regards, Mike J. [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Monday, April 29, 2013 9:03 PM
  • Again i didnt find any string you menstioned. The link is for DPM 2012 im not sure if it will work for me or not.
    Monday, April 29, 2013 9:13 PM
  • Hi,

OK - DPM 2007 logging is not as good as DPM 2010 / 2012, so if the WssCmdletsWrapperCurr.errlog does not have information for the cause of the failure (look for just Caught Exception) you will need to open a support case so a trace can be taken to identify the sqldb/site causing the problem. 

Monday, April 29, 2013 9:40 PM